Taking an inch of the cue shaft...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking an inch of the cue shaft...

I would like to take my cue to 59inch from it's current 60, i was used to 58 for along time but i think 60 is just a tad too long, i feel 59 would be perfect, also i think the ferrule is around 9mm and i'd prefer that more close to 9.7, so it would be a win win!

But what sort of cost would i be looking at? as i'm still undecided about the actual cue, whether it's a keeper or not after only two months play with it...

Thanks
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

where are you use your nearest cue doctor shouldnt cost a deal

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
      where are you use your nearest cue doctor shouldnt cost a deal
      I'm based in Northern Ireland, my nearest is Keith Williams who i bought the cue of, going to ring him tonight but not sure whether he still does cue repairs, as he's doing more table repairs this weather as far as i know...

Comment

Sorry another question, do you know how long it would take?(hoping not too long) as he's a good drive away from me...

Comment

Taking an inch of the cue shaft...

As long as it doesn't need re tapered and re finished it's a 20 minute job including a tip. £15-20 at most I'd think.

Comment

if he has a ferrul ready like exile says 20 min at most

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate it...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                I would like to take my cue to 59inch from it's current 60, i was used to 58 for along time but i think 60 is just a tad too long, i feel 59 would be perfect, also i think the ferrule is around 9mm and i'd prefer that more close to 9.7, so it would be a win win!
                But what sort of cost would i be looking at? as i'm still undecided about the actual cue, whether it's a keeper or not after only two months play with it...
                Thanks
                Sorry to hi-jack your thread but does that mean you can increase tip-size by shortening the cue a bit? I can see that the shaft would be thicker the further down you go but going from 9mm to 9.7mm seems an awful lot.
                Any comments or advice Jim Evans?

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
                  Sorry to hi-jack your thread but does that mean you can increase tip-size by shortening the cue a bit? I can see that the shaft would be thicker the further down you go but going from 9mm to 9.7mm seems an awful lot.
                  Any comments or advice Jim Evans?
                  I took an inch roughly with a ruler and it was pretty close to 9.7, don't get me wrong it doesn't have to be 9.7mm dead on but i'll be happier with it nearer the 10mm size...

Comment

it does depend on the taper of shaft but you should gain enufat least 1/2 mm just dropping the length of the ferrul maybe a bit more,most cues drop about 1 1/2 mm every 3-4 ins unless your looking at the pro taper caz wants or terry is after there cues are nearly parrelle the first 3 in at least

Comment

Thanks guys. Interesting and good to know.

Comment

Well I picked up my cue today, excellent job done, can't wait have a practice with it tomorrow, then a match tomorrow night, which will be the real test...:snooker:

Comment

who did yousend it too

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                            who did yousend it too
                            Keith in Ballymena (NI), a bit of a drive for me but well worth it, you were spot on with the cost...

Comment

Working...
                            X