New Mac cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mac cue

Here is a sneaky peek at Jack's(pott) New cue. Hopefully he likes it.
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/richy1471/IMAG0231.jpg
    http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n573/richy1471/IMAG0230.jpg
    "Don't think, feel"

Very nice Richy, I'm sure he'll like it.

Comment

Arrived to my office this morning and I think my Dad wants one now. He is quite green eyed.

The front thuya splice is really figured and the maple veneer goes with it a dream.

What tip is on the cue at present Richy?

When I have had a few days practice with it, i will give it a full and honest critique and pull no punches.

Comment

Glad you like it.
        "Don't think, feel"

Comment

It has a pro granite tip on.
          "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Not played with a pro granite before, what's the verdict. I may change it before I strike around with it. Give the cue a fair test.

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
              Not played with a pro granite before, what's the verdict. I may change it before I strike around with it. Give the cue a fair test.
              I'm playing with a gbl pro granite at the minute, and it suits me down to the ground, nice solid feel i'm getting which grips the cue ball well, i'd try it first see what you think, then change the tip...
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Depends what you normally use. I think they are the best pressed tip I've used. Nice firm tip but plenty of grip.
                "Don't think, feel"

Comment

I like the tip. As you said, firm enough for the hit but grippy enough to get decent action.

A very nice cue indeed. One piece cues are far superior to jointed cues in my opinion. This mac cue has a lovely balance to it and feels great striking through the ball.

I have come across a problem with it that is not of the cue makers fault. Last night, played a rest shot and the rest where I had to play my match left two great dirty lines on the shaft which I buffed off and it has removed part of the finish.
                  Annoyed me a touch but I'll order some oil and I won't have an issue.

I'll give a full review of all aspects of the cue and dealing with the doc, when I have had a few days to play with it.

Comment

Working...
                  X