Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John higgins playing with his new TW cue Premier league

Comments please

Without wanting to criticise Trevor, this cue doesn't suit John IMO. He has played pretty poorly since I've watched him with it and I don't know whether this is poor form but I've never known him hit so many balls thick as he is doing with this cue. His long game is really bad, club level bad, its only his match play game that is keeping him in with a chance in matches.

Comment

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/4/80/v-448053.html

Comment

John higgins playing with his new TW cue Premier league

Don't know if I'd blame the cue or just lack of practice/form.

I watched John at PTC 2 and he was the same as this. Anything slightly tough, he'd miss.
        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
          Without wanting to criticise Trevor, this cue doesn't suit John IMO. He has played pretty poorly since I've watched him with it and I don't know whether this is poor form but I've never known him hit so many balls thick as he is doing with this cue. His long game is really bad, club level bad, its only his match play game that is keeping him in with a chance in matches.
          when did John's bad form start, surely not the same time as picking up his TW. if it was that simple he would just go back to his old cue. I say the problem is with john's form not the cue.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            He's had the cue for a matter of weeks, takes time to get used to a cue. He's been playing bad for a year, did you expect back to back 147's as soon as he picked this cue up??

Cleared up alright just then!
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

John higgins playing with his new TW cue Premier league

Hmm. Really fancied 3-1 Higgins there. Good clearance from Allen after misjudging the first red and having to take the recovery blue.
              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

got 3-3 written all over it . maybe . . perhaps . .

Comment

If he wer,nt comfortable with the cue or any cue he would,nt be using it , he must be hitting the ball sweet in practice or otherwise , it just takes a good performace or three in a match to erase all doubts .

Comment

I went to bed before the end what was the final score?

Comment

4-2 Higgins
                      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...-got-a-new-cue

As his new TW has amended 2 times and I believe Higgins needs time to get accustomed to it.

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                          If he wer,nt comfortable with the cue or any cue he would,nt be using it , he must be hitting the ball sweet in practice or otherwise , it just takes a good performace or three in a match to erase all doubts .
                          All depends what he has done with his other cue. He might be in a tough situation whereby he can't get hold of a cue because so many cue makers are busy, for all we know he could be waiting on other cues to be made. In the meantime he has just got to persevere with this one, trouble is, the game is so tough today its very difficult to play your way into form.

Originally Posted by Deepscrew View Post
                          He's had the cue for a matter of weeks, takes time to get used to a cue. He's been playing bad for a year, did you expect back to back 147's as soon as he picked this cue up??

Cleared up alright just then!
                          No I just don't expect a player to be hitting so many balls thick and looking like any slightly difficult pot causing him to miss many balls he never did with the old cue.
                          In the balls he looks ok, not brilliant because I think his highest break was 50 odd. Allen played poorly too but also had a terrible run of the ball and Higgins got very lucky with a lot of mistakes that left Allen nothing. Willie said it perfectly on commentary, it wouldn't have been wrong for Allen to have led 5-0.

Comment

Dont know if he,s changed tips but the current one seems and sounds softer than his previous ones he,s used .

Comment

I would've thought most pros like Higgins would carry a q-rite http://www.peradon.co.uk/billiard-ro...w=2067#product or something similar for the shot/pot he had down left hand side of table(viewed on tv) in last frame where he simply played down and up into baulk.
                              Had trouble cueing with rest and that device(Steve Davis has one...I think) would've made it a easy pot and won the game in that visit!
                              Or are they banned on pro circuit?
                              I have one and is a great little product and cheap which has saved me on many occasions(recommended!).
                              VR Ultimate Limited Edition 1 Piece Ash Cue - 58” | 9mm | 18.9oz | 29.5mm | 18”.
                              Long & Short Tele Extensions | 6” & 3” Ebony Mini Butts.
                              Peradon Blue/Black Patchwork Leather 1 Piece Wide Case.
                              Century Titanium Ferrule | ADR147 Tip | Taom V10 Chalk.

Comment

Working...
                              X