No announcement yet.

How To Clean Ferrule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stains doesn't go away. I use 0000 wire wool or is mine fine wool. Seems like wire wool to me.

Comment

i just cleaned mine over the weekend. used 400 grit, 800grit, 1500 grit sandpaper. To remove the superglue stain etc, you'll need the lower grit sandpaper. Mine is shiny now, probably not good to do it too often but if you want a shiny clean ferrule, its a good solution.

Comment

Next time you see me at RC. call me...i'll fix it for you if im free..........

Remember Aramith Tournament Champion balls?

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post

Ohh hi. I forgotten to ask for your name that day. Btw, my friend with me that day recognize you. He said he's in the same unit as you.

Comment

Brasso works a treat.

Comment

Originally Posted by renniwevarb View Post
              Another tool you can use is the nail buffer shaped like an icecream stick. Very handy and is easily stored and carried around in your cue case.
              Yes, these are what I use. And always in the case ready for buffing and shaping. Hope the Mrs does not open me case though.
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

I use very fine wire wool ( like other posters in this thread ) and keep it clean [while playing] with fax paper.

Comment

I'd never use wire wool!!! I use brasso, the swab type. Just wrap it around your ferrule and twist your cue. Let it dry and then go dull, then wipe it off and buff it with your cue towel. If some of it gets on your cue then just wet the cue towel and ring it out to almost dry again and squeaky clean it! After this i usually just cut a few strips of card and wrap those around to clean it.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                    I'd never use wire wool!!! I use brasso, the swab type. Just wrap it around your ferrule and twist your cue. Let it dry and then go dull, then wipe it off and buff it with your cue towel. If some of it gets on your cue then just wet the cue towel and ring it out to almost dry again and squeaky clean it! After this i usually just cut a few strips of card and wrap those around to clean it.
                    i dont understand any of the things you are saying, in regards to method or product you are using.

Comment

Originally Posted by Izzyfcuk View Post

Thanks for taking time to fix my ferrule & tip. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X