Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will palm sweat cause splicing to be raised up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will palm sweat cause splicing to be raised up?

Hi all, im not sure whether did my maple splicing at the end of butt raise up due to a lil bit of palm sweat but is this possible? I asked because i was touching the the splicing and somehow i do not remember whether was it like this when i first got my cue...Thanks.

which country you in poss cause if in england poss wood not totally dried out or sealed enuf

Comment

Water can cause the splicing to swell up on exposed wood. It usually goes back down on its own accord in a few days so don't sand it down or you will have an indentation when the wood settles back down. Did you wipe cue down with a wet cloth,perhaps. Enough sweat could also possibly do it. If your cue has a wax finish or oil finish it may have worn off in that spot and need another coating. If you are from North America and the finish is from a spray can it must be oil based not water based. I learned that the hard way.

Comment

Is this a snooker cue? Mine was and it played very poorly. I assume because of the splicing "coming apart at the seems" as it were even when it settled back down. Does your cue play well or does it throw the ball off line?

Comment

Working...
        X