X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exquisite 1pc for sale!!!

Hi folks here's one I've just finished!
    Nice 1pc ash cue with front rosewood splice
    Yellow venneer then ebony on top with yellow venneer!
    Cue specs are as follows:
    Tip-9.6mm
    Length-57"1/2"
    Weight-18.2oz
    Butt size 28mm
    Bal point 16.8"
    Comes with mini butt same as Osbornes!
    Bottom ebony points are not exact!
    Still very nice and a top shaft!
    Here's the pics:
    http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/9D0CCC29.jpg
    http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/B7276821.jpg
    http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...t/7B8B5C74.jpg
    Cue price £230 plus postage!

Please don't take this the wrong way but do you use the camera on your phone to take your pictures? Only asking as your photo's didn't do that cue i got off you any justice.....
    :snooker:

Comment

nice cue ! but not my sepc ! can i order one from u ? please email me if u like !
      tommykan28@netvigator.com ( i am in HONG KONG )
      TKS
      K.C.

Comment

did u have any around 18ozs 56inch' 9.5mm and butt 29mm !
        tks
        kc.

Comment

I'll take this one please, PM sent.

Thanks
          Last edited by sberry; 27 September 2012, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Cue sold!!!!!

Comment

Cue arrived!!!!!

What sort of tip is that on it raymo, it may not stay on there long? I've not chalked it yet so it still hasn't seen a white ball but I may take it out for a test tonight. Will post a review once I've had a go or two, I find it's best to wait a bit and let it settle in properly.

Comment

It's only an elk mate its all I have at present!
                Need to get onto ADR147 for some new tips!

Comment

Time to show it a table for the first time then, let's see how it plays...
                  Last edited by sberry; 1 October 2012, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Okay, I've had this cue for a week now and given it a couple of proper practice sessions which have been my first snooker sessions as well since the local club shut about 6 years ago, apart from a couple of drunken frames in the local social club.

I liked the look of this one as it's not too decorative and decided I needed to replace my old Riley Prize cue which I've had for well over 15 years - same length, 10mm tip but 2-3oz lighter than this new cue and fairly whippy too, but my favourite cue of all the many I've had.

Okay, finish on this Exquisite is very good, I could find only one semblance of a half knot or mark in the grain of the shaft and a pinhead size dink/hole in the butt which most people wouldn't find, if I was being really picky I'd say the badge may have been 1/10th mm off centre as the ink circle around the badge was about this far off centre - all negligible, not noticeable to the normal eye and not play affecting.

The measurements/spec seemed spot on and the shaft was pleasantly firm which made a noticeable difference compared to my old cue as I played it in, after about 4 frames with the new cue I went back to my old cue and found it much less effective so the Riley Prize is retired to the rack and I have a new playing cue now.

Didn't take long to get it's first half century and it's making me feel seriously confident around the black/pink spot and centre pockets, any problems I had with the blue and baulk colours was my lack of practice but it feels as if I can seriously work the cue ball with minimal effort which I do like, at the moment I'm not doing the cue justice.

In summary, for custom build cues at the prices these are seriously competitive and excellent value for money, there is no competition between two of these (matching) and one of the more expensive custom makes which is how they seem to price up at the moment.

If I was to have to criticise it would be another pointless gripe, that the mini butt whilst fitting and playing perfectly doesn't sit smack in the middle of the butt or flush but you wouldn't know that as that is hidden by my hand.

I needed some encouragement to start playing again and this has given it to me, thanks very much, I may be asking for a copy to be made...

Comment

Thanks for the fair honest review! As for the mini butt I maybe should have
                      thinned it down a bit as the butt of the cue is quite thin!
                      Small details matter to players and myself!
                      I like most cue makers pour my heart and soul into each cue!
                      Hope you continue to enjoy it.

Comment

Sounds like you're coming on leaps and bounds Raymond. And bonus is you're a bloody nice guy too. Keep it up mate

Comment

Working...
                        X