Getting a round butt chamfered...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a round butt chamfered...

Well as some will know i recently had my cue shortened which has helped greatly, though i now feel a round butt just doesn't feel right to me, i've had the cue nearly 2 months, but i have in the back of my mind a chamfer would make it much better for me. All my previous cues have had a chamfer so it's been a struggle to get used to.

Would it be a big job to do considering it has an extension joint? Was thinking it may upset the balance slightly...
    Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
    Well as some will know i recently had my cue shortened which has helped greatly, though i now feel a round butt just doesn't feel right to me, i've had the cue nearly 2 months, but i have in the back of my mind a chamfer would make it much better for me. All my previous cues have had a chamfer so it's been a struggle to get used to.

Would it be a big job to do considering it has an extension joint? Was thinking it may upset the balance slightly...
    This is an easy job for a cuemaker, wont cost too much either.

Comment

if you have a sander with a sanding belt you could have ago yourself not that hard

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
        This is an easy job for a cuemaker, wont cost too much either.
        Yeah i wasn't sure, was hoping it was an easy job

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
        if you have a sander with a sanding belt you could have ago yourself not that hard
        I'm afraid not, not sure i would trust myself either =p

On another note i've heard people say they feel their cue can play better on one side, is that a load of bull or should i experiment and mark it before i take it to be chamfered..?
        Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

have the flat where your most comfortable holding cue

Comment

Working...
          X