Walter Lindrum World champion 4137 break cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walter Lindrum World champion 4137 break cue

Anyone know what this cue is worth, is about to go on eBay to raise funds for our club, as we desperately need new equipment?
    It's in great condition with the original ferule, bottom of badge is worn so you can only make out the top of the break score, 58" 17oz 10.5mm tip machine spliced maple.

Also who made it and when, I know the break was made in 1930, but did they just keep producing them whilst it remained the high break?

Cheers
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

depends sometimes 50 othertimes maybe 80 its so up and down

Comment

Thanks Jim, am i right in thinking it's quite a common cue?

Comment

yes theres a few about i had one sold it got one cheaper i think you will be prob lucky to get the 50-60 mark

Comment

Well it hasn't cost us anything, and every penny helps need 2 new sets of balls and a couple of rests, might see if anyone on here fancies playing swopsies?

Comment

i no this sounds funny but ant got no balls but might have some rests i rescued from pub befor it closed

Comment

It's the extending long ones there after, the ones we've got are terrible!

Comment

if you go on ebay theres a bloke selling long rests short rests and some cues in birmingham pick up only 99 p start

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                  if you go on ebay theres a bloke selling long rests short rests and some cues in birmingham pick up only 99 p start
                  Seen them, theres a fella selling some TC balls pick up only as well, can never find any bargains local though!
                  Saw you was looking for someone to pick up a cue for you earlier, might be worth while starting a thread for people willing to do this for each other?
                  P.S. how are you at dismantling tables lol!

Comment

40-60 generally - the handspliced ones do well.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I was told the Walter Lindrum World Champion cue was not made in hand spliced only ever made as machine spliced??

Thanks Amanda

Comment

Originally Posted by lovelife82 View Post
                        I was told the Walter Lindrum World Champion cue was not made in hand spliced only ever made as machine spliced??

Thanks Amanda
                        I think Andrew was referring to the hand spliced 4137 World's Record break cue, with the with the writing at 90° to your machine spliced one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by lovelife82 View Post

Thanks Amanda
                          You were told wrong.

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                            I think Andrew was referring to the hand spliced 4137 World's Record break cue, with the with the writing at 90° to your machine spliced one.

-------------yes--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Yes I was thinking of that.

Comment

Working...
                            X