No announcement yet.

Neil Robertson new cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it is completely new cue from his old john parris classic, he said in an interview after thursdays match against Murphy, it was a new cue that he had only had for a couple of days

Comment

thanks for that, did not see the interview as the landlord turned the TVs to another channel
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

he's playing against Jamie Jones at the moment and as I predicted, he has gone back to using his old cue.
        Not that anyone is interested apart from you cue obsessives out there (like me).

Comment

Worth noting that he was using the new one for premier league which doesn't count for ranking points. He could just be trying a new one in competitive conditions in case of a future emergency, or maybe it was just to get noticed here and drive up sales a little bit? Who knows...
          Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

get used to a new cue in a non-ranking event, use an old favourite for the important ones - very probable
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I think its possible that something was being done to his old cue that made him change to the new one in the PL. I doubt a player would swap and change based on the tournament, the PL is arguably more important these days as ranking points don't seem to matter so much, so long as you're in the top 16 that is all that counts. However a £1k and frame and £1k a century in the PL is not to be sniffed out and I know I wouldn't be swapping cues with that kind of money on offer for an evenings work!

Comment

nice to see Neil back playing with his original cue that he won the world championship with !
                Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  I think its possible that something was being done to his old cue that made him change to the new one in the PL. I doubt a player would swap and change based on the tournament, the PL is arguably more important these days as ranking points don't seem to matter so much, so long as you're in the top 16 that is all that counts. However a £1k and frame and £1k a century in the PL is not to be sniffed out and I know I wouldn't be swapping cues with that kind of money on offer for an evenings work!
                  You're right, that's most likely. I was just interested by a comment he made a while ago that he'd taken steps to cover himself in case something happened to his cue. That couldn't have referred to this cue though if he'd only had it for a couple of days.
                  Last edited by eaoin11; 7 October 2012, 12:29 AM.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Could not agree more - a nice piece of timber with exotic butt splicings or logo discs does not a good player make.

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                    nice to see Neil back playing with his original cue that he won the world championship with !

Comment

cue the production of plays Judd Trump?

Comment

Working...
                      X