Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

Hi,

I bought what I think is a Burroughes and Watts Sidney Smith cue off eBay and I was really happy with it (still am) but someone at the local pub where I play Thursday league pool has said that the butt which is supposed to be ebony has been painted black. His reason for thinking this is due to on around three parts of the butt there are what looks like sort of Burgundy coloured parts and one is a burgundy swirl of wood. He was saying that it was the same colour as the ash shaft however the colours are completely different in my opinion. Also I can feel tiny grooves at the top of the hand splice, where it would have been joined together. I will try and post pictures tomorrow but any ideas or opinions would be great.

Thanks Amanda

photo4.jpgphoto5.jpgphoto6.jpg
    Last edited by lovelife82; 28 September 2012, 10:39 AM.

Different shades of wood is perfectly normal. I have never heard of a painted watts cue either.

I find it very hard to believe its not wood based on what u said. Does it feel like wood?

If it is painted then I can only assume its a cut and shut job with badge stuck on cue,

Comment

Pictures added and thanks I do feel better now but opinions would still be great after looking at the pictures. Yeah it feels like wood so I am hoping it is.

Thanks Amanda

Comment

Just looks like natural characteristics of the wood , does,nt look painted at all .

Comment

Working...
        X