Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Wooldridge 3/4 cue joints.

Hi all,
    I am the proud owner of a 3/4 Mike Wooldridge cue built in 2003. I recently started a thread looking for a straight swap to a 1 piece. With only 1 offer of a swap (JP cue) which I declined as I specifically want a Wooldridge, I am considering a re-vamp of my cue. It currently has the "old" style brass joint and SD joint with mini butt and extendable extensions. I am considering getting the joints changed to the "new" style MW joints ie, shaft wood to butt wood direct contact ( if this makes sense). Would this give my cue the feel of a 1 piece? I realise that it may be a significant outlay as I would either need to replace the joints on my extensions or purchase new ones but would it be a small price to pay to get the feel of a 1 piece.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks in advance,
    Fred.
    Last edited by fred.england; 30 September 2012, 07:56 AM.
    You may defeat me but I will fight you to the very end!!!!

Mike Wooldridge 3/4 cue joints.

Just buy a 1 piece

Comment

FWIW, I've got two MW Sharks (one with the new joints, one with the old). IMHO, the hit with the newer Shark is closer to a 1 piece but the difference isn't huge (plus the specs of the cues are quite different). I think this is something that is really down to the individual...

Comment

Cheers Tred, I'm so tempted to order a new 1 piece but I love the one I have.....soooo undecided....

Comment

Hi Fred... if you like how it plays, why change? Risky, if you ask me. You could end up having to get used to the new feel, or worse, not able to get used to it.

A 3/4 can play just as well as a one piece cue anyway...
          When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Hi damienlch......I see your point.......I just like the idea of the wood on wood joint. Just me wanting to try something new........lol

Comment

Working...
            X