Increasing ferrule/tip size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increasing ferrule/tip size

Hi guys I just needed a bit of advice, my friend has a lovely cue possibly for sale but it has a 9mm tip and I usually play with 9.3-9.5mm so I was just wondering how much length you would lose if you got a cue maker to increase to ferrule size? Any advice appreciated, cheers
    77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Get a pair of calipers measure your required tip size , them measure the length where it comes upto on the cue .

Comment

Good idea thanks mate, I'm gonna have to take my pair of digital calipers next time I go to the snooker hall, the cue is 58" at the moment so if the cuemaker took half an inch off the length do you know roughly what difference that would make to the ferrule/tip size?

Comment

It all depends on the taper .

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
          Hi guys I just needed a bit of advice, my friend has a lovely cue possibly for sale but it has a 9mm tip and I usually play with 9.3-9.5mm so I was just wondering how much length you would lose if you got a cue maker to increase to ferrule size? Any advice appreciated, cheers
          If it's a really good cue you could always add length to the butt should you run out of length on the taper to get ferrule size right.

Comment

Originally Posted by rob s View Post
            Having recently got my cue shortened by an inch mine went from 9mm to approx 9.5, I'd say roughly just over half an inch if you want it 9.3...
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
              Having recently got my cue shortened by an inch mine went from 9mm to approx 9.5, I'd say roughly just over half an inch if you want it 9.3...
              Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
              X