If these three were your only choice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
    I have been hearing very good reports on raymonds cues...
    Thanks for the reviews Warren and Ste, I was looking at Craftsman cues purely due to the thought that "If a pro used this..". Thanks for letting me know they've changed since then.

Comment

he made me a quality cue i contacted him last saturday to see if he had anything near my spec he sent me some pics of cues he had part ready i picked 1 got it thursday morning. the only thing wrong with it is 2 of the splicing points are out at the bottom all the tops are level but thats only cosmetic and he did tell me when ordering. the finish is superb straight as can be cant see any glue lines ferrul fitted perfect realy is a top quality cue. the only thing is ramond doesnt take custom orders as he said he doesnt want to be bogged down with looking for certain ash shafts with arrows in just the right place and all that but he will make a cue to spec out of one he as. he just wants to make good cues but have to say the shaft i recieved was good and it plays spot on.i will put up some pics when i get a minute i fully recommend raymond and his exquisite cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
        Thanks for the reviews Warren and Ste, I was looking at Craftsman cues purely due to the thought that "If a pro used this..". Thanks for letting me know they've changed since then.
        all depends what you want to spend if you can get to greenbaize cues you have loads to choose from and stu is a top guy and gives great advice. plus you can try before you buy and his gbl cue are top quailty as good as any cue you can buy.or there's andy travis or raymond exquisite cues both make good cues at a good price i have owned both and wouldn't think twice about having another cue made by either of them.

Comment

I recently bought a nice 1 piece maple cue from the Doctor on here. Altho the cue is not to my specs i must say that the cue is super..jet black handspliced ebony lovley clean maple and it feels smooth as silk..i dont use maple plus the cue was way to heavy for me as i use a cue that is 15 and 1/2 oz. i just thought i would buy the cue to try it.. probable just sell it on like i said i dont play with maple...i will also put pics on of this MAC Cue.
          Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
            i bought a 147 cue off them around 10 years ago it was a quality cue good ebony quality ash shaft oil finish it was a realy nice cue. then about 3 years ago i bought the same cue a 147 for a friend the cue i got was no where near the same quality varnished butt crap shaft realy disapointed.
            Cant agree ste i had a one piece 147 made last year with plain ebony butt and pro ash-shaft option from them. It is an absolute beauty and a crackin cue. It plays just as id hoped it would as i discussed with them the stiffness/flex of the shaft that id like to have. The finish is also second to none, smooth butt and shaft oil finished, no sign of varnish anywhere. I even asked Dave to put a slightly darker or aged patina to the shaft which he did beautifully, id rank it up there with the best of them no problem!

Comment

andy travis all way

Comment

Between those 3 the travis hands down. Cuecraft tend to be a bit heavy and very stiff with not much life in them i feel.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses, I guess I new the answer really in my head, just doing a sanity check.

Comment

Can you try the cues out before you make your mind up?

If you can I would have a go with each before you make your mind up, it doesnt matter who makes the cue or what wood its made from there is no guarantee you will get on with it, trust me ive spent £1000's learning this lesson.

If you have no choice but to buy blind then Andy Travis does make a good cue.

Can I ask why it has to be from those 3?
                    Just because its old, doesn't mean its worth a fortune!!

Comment

Its just because those three are in my budget and all available on Ebay, no chance to try them ,but i am seriously thinking about the Travis cue, as already stated the Cue Crafts are heavy.

Comment

I have an Andy Travis cue comin next week , will give you feedback when i receive it , must say if the pics are anything to go by then it looks a cracker .

Comment

I can say that since I've joined this forum, a lot speak very truthful opinions based on personal or close experiences, I'll say that from what I've read in various posts, trav will give you a great playing cue with a very reasonable price tag attached, from my experience after a couple of recommendations I've also bought an exquisite cue from raymo, it's lovely, glad i bought it, plays beautifully, and he was easy to deal with, i however had a few issues with my PayPal account and Raymond was super patient with me as well. Get in touch with him like the other lad did, see if he has anything almost finished.....
                          :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                            I can say that since I've joined this forum, a lot speak very truthful opinions based on personal or close experiences, I'll say that from what I've read in various posts, trav will give you a great playing cue with a very reasonable price tag attached, from my experience after a couple of recommendations I've also bought an exquisite cue from raymo, it's lovely, glad i bought it, plays beautifully, and he was easy to deal with, i however had a few issues with my PayPal account and Raymond was super patient with me as well. Get in touch with him like the other lad did, see if he has anything almost finished.....
                            raymond is superb to deal with very friendly and made me a great cue.

Comment

It's a bit odd buying a cue you haven't tried but these lads all know what they are doing and if you go for either of the two lads mentioned in this this post then you're guaranteed a good stick either way mate.
                              :snooker:

Comment

am i the only one who ain't got a clue what flexulosa is?
                                The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Working...
                                X