No announcement yet.

If these three were your only choice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If these three were your only choice...

Ok guys, I have a limited budget and got my eye on three cues as follows:-

1. ANDY TRAVIS 3/4 SPLIT ASH CUE WITH BLACK EBONY BUTT + FLEXULOSA BURR SPLICE.

BUTT JOINTED FOR EXTENSIONS.

58'' LONG

9.65mm TIP

29.5mm BUTT

18.5oz

BALANCE 17''

2. Cue Craft Triumph TR5 Snooker cue
    has been finished with the Cue Craft unique silk-line oil technique for the ultimate in smoothness. A superb hand spliced cue that has top quality Ebony, exotic Kingwood, Grade "A" Maple and straight grained Ash.

*SHAFT: Ash. (Maple or Pearwood can be used at extra cost).

*TIMBERS: Ebony, Kingwood, Maple, Ash.

*VENEERS: Genuine coloured wood veneers.

*OTHER MATERIALS: Oil Finish. English made brass ferrule.

*JOINT: One in the base of the butt.

* Weight 19.8oz

* Tip size 9.75mm

3. Cue Craft Triumph TR8 Specs as above, but also includes:-

Long telescopic extension butt

Short telescopic extension butt

Cue Craft Aluminium Cue Case

So if these were the only three cues in the world you could choose from, which one and why?

Andy Travis every time, you will get a far better cue in my opinion, plus those Triumph cues are very heavy mate

Comment

For the money i think you wont find better than Andy Travis cue.
      Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Andy Travis

Comment

Originally Posted by Gerry Armstrong View Post
          Andy Travis
          At least the Travis cues are made with real wood..

Comment

know i may be a bit off topic here but for the 200 pound mark i would pop over to gbl and have a go with the C1 and C2 range. Wont get betterI

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
              know i may be a bit off topic here but for the 200 pound mark i would pop over to gbl and have a go with the C1 and C2 range. Wont get betterI
              Seconded, but also don't forget Mastercraft have a range of cues in this budget.
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

How come no one ever recommends Craftsman? They are handmade in the UK and Paul Hunter used one of theirs.

Comment

Out of those 3, it'd have to be the Andy Travis........
                  Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
                  Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

Originally Posted by DannyC View Post
                    How come no one ever recommends Craftsman? They are handmade in the UK and Paul Hunter used one of theirs.
                    Paul used one of the early cues...that were ok ish. But unfortunately like most company's once established the quality of the wood and workmanship often suffers.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                      Paul used one of the early cues...that were ok ish. But unfortunately like most company's once established the quality of the wood and workmanship often suffers.
                      Is that statement from personal experience?

Comment

You only need to do a search on here and you will find all the answers that you require.
                        I was not only talking about craftsman i was merely stating a fact that once certain company's have made there money then they tend to turn to the far east for cheaper materials/labor.

Comment

i bought a 147 cue off them around 10 years ago it was a quality cue good ebony quality ash shaft oil finish it was a realy nice cue. then about 3 years ago i bought the same cue a 147 for a friend the cue i got was no where near the same quality varnished butt crap shaft realy disapointed.

Comment

got a cue made by andy travis in june sold it on to too dark was a good cue just went for the wrong specs. just had a cue made by raymond who makes the exquisite cues just plain ebony and ash 1 piece best cue i have owned for under £200

Comment

Originally Posted by ste bed View Post
                              got a cue made by andy travis in june sold it on to too dark was a good cue just went for the wrong specs. just had a cue made by raymond who makes the exquisite cues just plain ebony and ash 1 piece best cue i have owned for under £200
                              I have been hearing very good reports on raymonds cues...

Comment

Working...
                              X