• Show
Clear All

• Jawes Sin Bin cue review

57.25"
    18.9oz
    9.5mm
    30mm
    Balance 15"

Recently purchased one of Jims Sin bin cues and just wanted to say how pleased with the cue i am. Firstly i think it looks superb so thats always a good start lol!

So the cue is a sin bin as some of the splices are out a few mil with 1 or 2 slightly further out but that doesnt detract from the cue imo. The splice woods look great and the woods used also look really nice. Not sure what the bottom wood is if anyone want to let me know then great!

The shaft to look at has 8 superb arrows and is to me the nicest looking shaft ive seen in the flesh and played with. The finish is also nice and smooth with the grain just the right colour not too dark like some cues, looks really top notch, infact some cue makers would charge more for a shaft with this grain pattern alone than i paid for the whole cue.

The shaft is medium stiff with a bit of flex and makes a nice solid hit with the cueball, a very nice shaft indeed.

Now the cue is heavier than im used to at 18.9oz but due to being balanced further back at 15" it doesnt feel too heavy it felt comfortable straight away in fact.

The cue has a Craftsman SD joint and it so happens i have a set of craftsman extensions doing nothing so i just had to buy the cue.

The only thing i wasnt quite happy with, not that i,m fussy lol but the craftsman sd was very square fitted and not rounded off like some ive seen so.......half an hour with a fine chisel and some various grades of sand papaer finishing off with wire wool and that soon sorted that out. (Just go to show how pleased with the cue i am if thats the only thing i could pick up on!

All in all i'm well chuffed with the cue it was an absolute bargain, and a big thankyou to Jim for making a cracking cue and selling it for a superb price!

A superb looking cue indeed. Very nice shaft, liking the splicing too.

Comment

want to come and work for me with your skills lol

Comment

Yep sure you build the cue and i'll finish the brass off, say 50/50 cut lol

Comment

nice shaft.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

satine bloodwood bottom splices

Comment

cool, its a very nice wood. Thanks Jim.

Comment

Working...
              X