• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• robert osborne

Hi peeps

Any feedback on Robert Osborne cues?

are they any good?

Seem to get good reviews but buying one new from him is pretty hard as they tend to sell out very fast.

Comment

They are very well made yes. Old Black plates go for lots of money.

Black Plates = Top of the Range
      Green Plate = Mid Range
      Red Plate = Base Range

Cant order cues from him now. All go to Far East.
      Last edited by Deepscrew; 23 October 2012, 03:50 PM. Reason: EDITED FOR CORRECTNESS!
      Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

robert osborne

Thougth the red plates were the cheap ones?

Comment

Originally Posted by shanerayner28 View Post
          Thougth the red plates were the cheap ones?
          Think so too, red = base green = mid range

Comment

yep agreed, minor brain failure. edited.
            Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

They all seem very expensive when I've seen them for sale, especially the black plates... But they ALL just look like ash/ebony to me.... Any reason why they're so damn pricey???
              :snooker:

Comment

It's either the name, the scarcity or both - cue makers on here make equally good custom cues for a fraction of the price of the big names but they don't yet have the same cachet as the 'known' names

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                  It's either the name, the scarcity or both - cue makers on here make equally good custom cues for a fraction of the price of the big names but they don't yet have the same cachet as the 'known' names
                  Kind of what I'm getting at, i have a cue on order just now and i was quoted £375 to start with inc postage, i saw an Osborne cue sell a couple of months ago for £1250 i think, it was just plain ash and ebony... I'd rather spend that on the most ridiculous thing i could from white, wooldridge or cook.....

Comment

Originally Posted by haggishunter View Post
                    Kind of what I'm getting at, i have a cue on order just now and i was quoted £375 to start with inc postage, i saw an Osborne cue sell a couple of months ago for £1250 i think, it was just plain ash and ebony... I'd rather spend that on the most ridiculous thing i could from white, wooldridge or cook.....
                    Can't see it being an Osborne for that price, maybe a Hunt & O'Byrne

Comment

Originally Posted by nukihz View Post
                      Hi peeps

Any feedback on Robert Osborne cues?

are they any good?
                      NO ! ............................

Had a few over the years .......great cues . Bloody expensive but worth it in my opinion .

£1250 would have been a blackplate H & O .

Blackplate Osborne are fetching £3k plus in the Far East
                      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                        Can't see it being an Osborne for that price, maybe a Hunt & O'Byrne
                        Maybe your right, I thought it was a black plate, but now you mention those cues... Again, i nearly s**t when someone told me how much they can cost....

Comment

don't see a lot of robert osborne cues being sold here..hence was wondering if it's good

Comment

Best cues you could possibly get in my opinion and i've had quite a few of the big brands

Comment

Yip seems to be forgotten about on here!
                              Maybe cause he's quite a private and very busy guy and doesn't
                              spend anytime on here!
                              Think cause he as cut out custom orders he may not be as popular on here but each to there own!
                              Best maker in my view and probably has the best workshop around!
                              The set up for each process is top notch as he's spent years pouring his heart and soul into making things easy
                              as poss!

Comment

Working...
                              X