New Mastercraft Stripy ebony cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Mastercraft Stripy ebony cue

Just taken delivery of my new Massacar Ebony cue by Mastercraft. I have noticed that the Ebony splices are quite heavily covered in what look like pores or tiny splits( I can feel them when I run my fingers over them )
    My question is is this a feature of this type of wood or is it a bad batch or badly finished. Would like peoples thoughts before I ring Dave at Mastercraft and make a complete a$%e of myself. Many thanks crazy 8.

Phone Dave at Mastercraft and raise any concerns you have with him.

Comment

I spoke with Chris the other day. He said him and Dave were looking to take some hols as they've been flat out for a long time now trying to catch up with a backlog of orders. Don't be surprised if no-one answers the phone or responds to e-mails. Think it was only a week off they were looking at.

Comment

Can you post a pic or are the pores visible at all ?
        "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

The pores are both visible and I can feel them when I run my fingers over them. I have a GBL cue and the ebony on that is as smooth as a babys bum although that is black ebony not stripy ebony.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bigmeek View Post
            ...Chris the other day. He said him and Dave were looking to take some hols...
            they always seem to be on, or just about to go on, hols
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

If it is Macassar there really shouldnt be any pores
              "It's just a shot away" -Rolling Stones-

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                they always seem to be on, or just about to go on, hols
                No wonder they've got a backlog then! lol. I've been waiting 12 weeks now for a cue.

Comment

Ive decided to sell it, dont like it. 57 inches, 18oz, 9mm tip, 3/4 split at 12 inches. Massacar ebony butt spliced with bloodwood and tulipwood, telescopic extention. Paid £300 for it anyone want it for £200 plus postage???

Comment

You going to have to put pictures up considering you have said it has quality issues.

Also you've not really given it long....played much with it? What don't you like about it?
                    Unclevit C Brand - CueGuru Tip.

Comment

I think ive just got the mardies mate. I waited a long time ( about 5 months ) for it to arrive and when it does arrive it does not appear to be finished very well or the stripy ebony used is not of great quality. I have not even played with it cos I was that disapointed with it. Waiting to hear from Dave at Mastercraft, hopefully he can sort it out. But to be honest mentally the damage has been done, gonna sell it and stick to my GBL cue that I might add is a fantastic bit of wood !!!

Comment

Working...
                      X