H & O square badged cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H & O square badged cue

Had this for a few weeks now, it's a great playing cue, sometimes a cue can disappoint you, not this one, looks good, plays good and is also quite rare so special too ! It was made in 1990.
    Specs: 58", 10 mm ferrule, 18 oz, 29 mm butt, 18" balance point, 3/4 split at 16 3/4" with spirolok joint.
    Also have solid 30" extension that fits to shaft.

Just added you as a contact... lets discuss this on chat )

Comment

smashing cue jr ,why the othe band at joint

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
        Just added you as a contact... lets discuss this on chat )
        better do as he says jr could be the russian mafia lol

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
          smashing cue jr ,why the othe band at joint
          I dunno Jim, i didn't make it
          I think the central black ring helps to tighten up the joint ??

Comment

I think the joint is an aeon.Used to have an aeon with same,and think aeon used to help out H&O with their cheaper green plates.H&O may have used these joints for a short time on the black plates

Comment

Originally Posted by nlm247 View Post
              I think the joint is an aeon.Used to have an aeon with same,and think aeon used to help out H&O with their cheaper green plates.H&O may have used these joints for a short time on the black plates
              Yep have same joint on my Aeon, without the extra black ring

Comment

Splices look a bit on the short side for an h&o cue, generally a good bit longer than that?

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                  Splices look a bit on the short side for an h&o cue, generally a good bit longer than that?
                  So have you seen every cue ever made by H&O lol, this one's real mate

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    So have you seen every cue ever made by H&O lol, this one's real mate
                    Just in general the ones i have seem theyre usually a bit longer, that one matty bought or this one on the bay currently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hunt-Obyrn...item3a7abbd8b3

Probably would depend on who spliced the cue as well, just not seen one with shorter splices.

Comment

i can vouch for the authenticity of this cue, has know the original owner. looks a great cue by the way

Comment

Thanks Matty

Comment

Originally Posted by narl View Post
                          Hi narl, I have had look at an old H&Ob catalogue that someone listed here previously and there are images of cues with varying lengths of main splicing. I will try to find the thread for your info.

I beleive the catalgue is from early 90s, all the images show the round disk and no square ones, so this cue denoted as made in 1990, could be one of the last square badges. Does anyone have an idea of when the change occured?
                          cheers

thread: http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...hlight=catalog
                          Last edited by DeanH; 29 October 2012, 12:10 PM.
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            ..... all the images show the round disk and no square ones, so this cue denoted as made in 1990, could be one of the last square badges. Does anyone have an idea of when the change occured?....]
                            Maybe you had a choice at the time of badge design ?? Does anyone know for sure ???

Comment

I just love the square badge and the cue is simply breathtakingly beautiful! Looks as if it was brand new too..The most stunning H & O ive ever seen for sure...

Comment

Working...
                              X