Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touchy subject perhaps but who makes the best UK cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touchy subject perhaps but who makes the best UK cue?

Hi everyone, been on the site for a while now and have got a feel on who the top cue smiths are in the U.K. so I pose the question --- what brand of cue would you really covet or love to own if you had the coin Stamford , Parris, Woolbridge, Hunt & O'Byrne, Trevor White, Coutes, Owen or someone else I think it would be fun to take a poll I know MW is a popular guy on this site but try and be objective from personal experience it might be fun to see how the results pan out PS no explaination required on your choice but if you want to elaborate feel free Cheers
    Last edited by allanr5; 27 October 2012, 12:18 AM.

Il start off but I've not tried any other cue from a top cue maker I had a Cue Craft for over 20 years it was ok but nothing like my lovely JOHN PARRIS ULTIMATE. ;-)

Comment

Such a subjective thing but I will just give my opinion. There are so many great cue-makers in the UK and I've played with all their cues but this is my top 5: Trevor white, Robin cook, John parris, Mike wooldridge, Robert Osborne and in that order too. I am willing to expand on why but it may be a bit of an essay as there are so many factors to consider
      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

This has been discussed a few times so you could try a search, I think the definitive and politically correct answer is that none of them are 'the best'. They can all make a great cue and often do but you will find one or two have different things to say, everyone seems to have an opinion on Parris for instance and comes in for the most criticism on these boards.

For me I've had quite a few of those mentioned and Dave Coutts is a seriously good cue maker and I would have to say individually I doubt there is anyone better.

Comment

Its a personal thing so on that basis my choice is Trevor White

Comment

Looking on here and eBay I notice the numbers of custom cues that are bought and then sold - why would so many be sold?

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
              Looking on here and eBay I notice the numbers of custom cues that are bought and then sold - why would so many be sold?
              Because every single cue plays differently, not all will suit you.
              You can have 10 identical spec cues, but they will not play the same

Comment

Have played with many cues. but my top has to be my current Trevor White. Thanks Neil ;-)

Comment

Originally Posted by poona View Post
                  Have played with many cues. but my top has to be my current Trevor White. Thanks Neil ;-)
                  Its only on loan muck

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
                    Because every single cue plays differently, not all will suit you.
                    You can have 10 identical spec cues, but they will not play the same
                    Also, everybody loves a new cue

Comment

Originally Posted by jaffa.johnson View Post
                      Also, everybody loves a new cue
                      Or 3 lol, this forum costs me a fortune

Comment

If it's possible that I get 50 to 100 responses , like I said I just need a name I'll do up a spreadsheet and post it, this is the "cue site" after all and it's just for fun TW in the lead so far

Comment

Can I vote twice?

Comment

Trevor White, Robin Cook, Mike Wooldridge, Robert Osborne
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

jawes cues ,jawes cues, jawes cues,lol you did say worst didnt you,trev ,mike,robin and parris but there the best of what ive had

Comment

Working...
                              X