Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris middle cue joint wanted.

Hi,

As a very amateur cue maker, I'm looking to create a smaller end section for one of my fellow pool players cues. He plays in a pub with too little space!!

He has a 5 yr old John Parris master cue. I am looking to buy a female joint that would work with the middle joint of this cue so i can create a smaller butt section for him.

The male thread of this JP cue is a 3/8 inch diameter and 1/2 inch in depth. Not measured the TPI yet. Does anyone know where i can get one of these. I have left a message with JP shop but nothing back yet.

Cheers
    Paul

Tony Glover was an engineer and I know he has made his own joints before now.Why not email him ? One other alternative would be to find an old Parris wooden " long " extention ( one of the lads on here might be able to help) and just joint that in the appropriate place with a modern " quick release " joint , ensuring the female joint is fitted to the now mini butt.The JP ext was made to fit the shaft so by jointing it you could get a short mini butt and a long ext for the price of one , just a thought.I happen to know that Dave Brown at Craftsmans used the 1/2" thread on his early cues ( pre 1990 ) so he may be able to help as well.

Comment

Parris already make one. £50 though. Hurry up and hone those skills. I want a cue making!

Comment

Working...
      X