• Robin Cook 1 Piece Maple for sale

Although it pains me to say i have a one piece Robin Cook Cue for sale

Dimensions

56 Inches length
    9mm tip
    30mm butt
    17oz
    17 inch balance

The cue has full cocobolo butt with a cocobolo front splice and thick maple veneer. The cue features perfect splices, ultra smooth finish (the best) a brand new Mike Wooldridge SuperTip and a stainless ferrule. The cue also has a stainless ring badge. This is the only Robin cue to ever have a stainless badge.

As Robin has suspended any orders for the foreseeable future and based on waiting time if you need a cue direct from him you are looking at least 2 years. so here is a chance to get one immediately.

i was reluctant to sell because its the best cue i have had to date, its straight , feel great and if it wasn't slightly on the short side for myself i wouldn't swap it for anything. i bought it in the hope i could play with a shorter cue than i was use to, all my previous cues have been 58" long so it was just an inch or so too short.

I am looking at offers around £300 or would consider swapping for a Trevor White 1 Piece or other if its worth it.

the cue comes with a black Metal case which could hold two 1 piece cues, or one with extensions the case has seen
    better days 2 of the clasps are broken but could be fixed. the case is free and still is usable so its included.

links to images are below

http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...okcocobolo.jpg
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...okcue_butt.jpg
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...kcue_plice.jpg
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...fulllength.jpg
    http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/...ooksplices.jpg

alabbadi
    Last edited by alabadi; 11 November 2012, 03:04 AM.

Originally Posted by alabadi View Post
    .... all my previous cues have been 58" long so it was just an inch or so too short.

alabbadi
    What made you think you could get away with a cue a whole 2" shorter ????? i can notice a big difference with just 1/2"
    Nice cue by the way

Comment

That is a cracking price , only thing not going for it are the specs , otherwise i,m sure it would have gone in minutes as its so nice .

Comment

Nice cue but another inch and about a millimetre and it would be much easier to sell.

Comment

Robin Cook 1 Piece Maple for sale

The cue is beautiful , that's what made me buy it even though it was shorter . I thought because I don't hold my old cue at the end some two inches in I should be ok . Turned out I was stretching on to many. Shots which caused problems.

Alabadi

Comment

Ahh such a stunning cue, if it wasn't for the specs I would of bought it instantly! You don't often see maple Robin cues for sale either...shame it isn't a couple inches longer, but then again it wouldn't be for sale now would it ^^

Comment

Surely there is someone who plays with a 56" i would even think that you woulld get a way with it if you play with a 57".

i play with a 58" and can easily play with a 57"

although i managed to play with the 56" Robin most of the time it was just them shots that you have to stretch for gave me some problems.

saying that i contacted Robin Cook who said he could extend the cue a couple of inches for around £100 or so.
              that could be an option if anyone is interested

Alabbadi

Comment

Robin Cook 1 Piece Maple for sale

I owned this cue some time ago and used it for pool, it's a cracker.

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks a maple cue feel longer than an ash cue

Comment

probably lol

Comment

Originally Posted by hotpot View Post
                      Am i the only one who thinks a maple cue feel longer than an ash cue
                      You want to stay off those funny cigarettes mate, you know the valley havanas Neil lol

Comment

from what i see, it does not have a butt joint for butt end extensions?

Comment

Originally Posted by eslim View Post
                          from what i see, it does not have a butt joint for butt end extensions?
                          you're right it doesn't, however you could use the slide in type of extension or its easy to get one done if really needed.

i suppose having a brass joint put in would change the balance/weight slightly and is a personal choice

Alabbadi

Comment

Working...
                          X