Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy handmade dave coutts cue

t589201352451178.jpg

Coutts cues would like to point out that we have been informed that our handmade cues are being copied in china and advertised on www.top147.com. Whilst we take this as a compliment as our cues are totally handmade we for starters cannot make that many cues and also the quality of these copy cues will be nothing like the real thing. the obvious difference is the badge, attached is the copy badge which has a 'R' on it, which genuine cues don't. Buyers in china and hong kong should be aware that there are only 2 places to obtain the genuine Coutts cue and that is from our representative Eddie Mok on gd5000@126.com or from perfect point. We also do the customised range which are not totally handmade but even these are limited due to there only being Dave working on them, we are also aware that there are copies of these about too.

Is there anything that isn't copied in China? Its literally the knock off capital of the world.

Comment

Democracy.

Comment

I was also on I site last night checking out cues and they were advertised 'Exquisite 3/4'
        This 'Exquisite 3/4' that!
        Loads saying Exquisite but not on the badge.
        Was a Chinese company!
        I've not even built up my name but they may be working on the name as tho I'm the next
        Parris,tw,mw,Rb,dc!
        Lol

Comment

TBH is anyone surprised. They have always copied anything that has value and badges and names are all that matter to the chinese, the quality doesn't matter to them, its all about the badge and name.

I don't think it will affect cue makers because as you say the quality is poor and anyone who has any interest in snooker will know a genuine Coutts, Parris, TW etc as its not easy to copy the quality that these guys produce. If they can produce the quality then they are worth paying for but then if your product was good you wouldn't need to fake it!

Comment

Originally Posted by raymo147 View Post
            I was also on I site last night checking out cues and they were advertised 'Exquisite 3/4'
            This 'Exquisite 3/4' that!
            Loads saying Exquisite but not on the badge.
            Was a Chinese company!
            I've not even built up my name but they may be working on the name as tho I'm the next
            Parris,tw,mw,Rb,dc!
            Lol

Have you not considered that they may be using the word "Exquisite", NOT as a reference to any brand, but simply to describe the quality of the cue.???

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
              TBH is anyone surprised. They have always copied anything that has value and badges and names are all that matter to the chinese, the quality doesn't matter to them, its all about the badge and name.

I don't think it will affect cue makers because as you say the quality is poor and anyone who has any interest in snooker will know a genuine Coutts, Parris, TW etc as its not easy to copy the quality that these guys produce. If they can produce the quality then they are worth paying for but then if your product was good you wouldn't need to fake it!

This is a nice idea in theory, but, as we (or at least some) already know, there are overseas (non British) makers who build cues and export them onto other makers, who in turn, finish them to a very good standard and sell them as their own products.

With that in mind, it's pretty clear that far eastern makers CAN and DO build cues every bit as well as anyone. Sadly, much of the time, the majority of what comes out of that region are of poor to average quality. But to say they cannot match any other maker would be misleading.

Comment

Yes trev I was just dreaming of the day I had a brand and reputation!
                Will get there one day mate!

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  No, nobody would be surprised, obviously the Coutts just want to be proactive in protecting their reputation here.
                  Tear up that manure-fed astroturf!

Comment

Working...
                  X