Buying a Cue for my 14 year old son?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a Cue for my 14 year old son?

If he's already knocking in 30-50 breaks, I think he must have some talent for the game. What he maybe needs to do is some routines to not only help his potting skills but also his positional play.

Besides that, he will also need to remember that tables play differently. Even if he plays the same table week in week out, if damp gets into the cloth from this cold weather or if it hasn't been brushed or ironed, the table will play slower, or if its just been cleaned and ironed it can play very fast. This kind of thing can make him think he's not playing as good as usual, when in fact he just has to adapt.

A lesson with joe will point him in the right direction

Comment

Originally Posted by Brian1970 View Post
      Sounds good mate, if anyone has a very decent 2nd hand cue for sale give me a shout.
      Hi there, not sure if you've gotten a cue for your son yet. I've got a few hand spliced cues - a Lewis and Wilson, a Peradon Earl and a Burwat - all mid-jointed, as well as a Bridge 3/4 and a Cannon 3/4. All ash except the Cannon which is maple. Drop me an email at boon_tiong@yahoo.com if you are interested, no obligation of course. Cheers, philip

Comment

T-line up and X-line up would be right up his street. Would help with his potting and positioning (infact I'm off out soon myself to do exactly this and my HB is 123), so it comes to show that no matter what level you are at, it's very helpful to do routines.

The Ding Junhui app for iphone is a good little tool for giving you practice routine ideas.

Comment

Working...
        X