Copy of Blackspin by Stamford ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
    relax old chap, i'm not pointing any fingers at your own experiments. i even offered help/advice in suggesting you avoid acetal/delrin if i remember rightly? or was that raymo?

anyway, i did black ferrules in the 90's so i beat you there by a few years

my point at this stage was that i brought this particular 'look' (and associated benefits) to the public and it has rapidly become associated with my products.

i would suggest to anyone that if they worked hard as hard i did, invested loads of money, and came up with something very different to what is generally accepted, they too would feel a little aggrieved at what appeared to be a direct copy or attempt to mimic.

but i'm over it, i have other ideas coming...

also, i have a load of different materials, all low deflection, which i will be selling shortly as direct replacement ferrules for anyone wishing to test out the low deflection theory on their own cue without the cost of my blackspin concept.

there will be black, ivory (not real) and some very unique looking ferrules amongst that i can tell you
    Have you got the different colours of ferrule yet??

Comment

I'm not sure regarding Britain, however in Canada we were using black fiber ferrules in the 70's. Before I started playing a lot I bought a Dufferin centre-jointed snooker cue with a black ferrule way back around 1975 or so. However, we had very fast wool/nylon blend cloths from Brunswick and also Vitalite balls which were a lot lighter than the Super Crystalates.

In those days there wasn't a lot of knowledge about what was going on in Britain with snooker although there were some British 1pc cues around with brass ferrules but not a lot of them. In the early 80's I bought a Parris 3/4-butt and I did change the brass for black fiber and used it as a playing cue for quite a few years.

McDermott Cues in the States uses a ferrule system with core technology and have had it for over 5 years now, but they mostly use white ferrules. The low deflection cues in the States have very short white ferrules, with a height of around 4 or 5mm with a medium flex shaft for the last 18" or so. I did try a McDermott cue on a snooker table once in Las Vegas and it seemed to hit very well from what I remember.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I only wanted a different colour ferrule for show. I have tried the new black ferrule and it has no more reaction than my brass ferrule , in fact I get a lot more reaction from my cue with brass than the one with black ferrule at the end of the day its the timber/cue and tip which makes the difference in my opinion some cues are more reactivate than others and I no the tip playes a massive part because I have recently gone through 4 tips trying to make my cue the same as it was before .it needed re tipping and every tip I tried I didn't get the same reaction as it was until the mw super tip was put on .

Comment

i used to have an old bce pool cue that had a black ferrule and that was in the 80's

Comment

Working...
          X