No announcement yet.

Maximus & Niche (Thai's Cues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal feeling is great ... The ash shaft is stiff.
    Is the best among the Omin, Mastercraft, Dunns....
    I hv not try TW, JP Ultimate, MW... Lol

Comment

did you specify the type of shaft or did you leave it up to ton to decide? Does the cue throw much and are the specs accurate to what you ordered? thanks.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
        did you specify the type of shaft or did you leave it up to ton to decide? Does the cue throw much and are the specs accurate to what you ordered? thanks.
        According to Ton, the Ultimate series are with selected top class ash shaft.
        My friend bought the Immortal (cheaper range with plan ebony) the ash shaft is not that stiff as compare to my Ultimate.
        My personal feeling is that ultimate has a very solid feel.

Both the Immortal & Ultimate are with plain ebony & both just look the same except the badge.
        But price for Ultimate is more than double the Immortal.

The specs are accurate to what I ordered, just that I personally don't like the butt finishing.
        I don't know what they use... Is too glossy & shinning, I clear it off by sand papers so it look more natural.
        Maybe from my pictures you can see the butt is not really smooth & a bit rough also there are lines on the badge.

All these are cause by me.... (Sand paper scratch marks) nothing to do with Maximus.
        Last edited by kadobau; 24 February 2013, 01:39 AM.

Comment

i think thats when you dont specify the finish and they put the lacquer on it. i have noticed that previously and asked that it be finished in oil..

Comment

just had a look on the green baize limited forum. it looks like stu has given the green light to stock maximus cues. My standard range cue is arriving in a couple of weeks. fingers crossed its on par with the gbl cues range.

Comment

I was in free baize the other day and he maximus cues are brilliant! Superb quality and the ash shafts were flawless!!!
              Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

What range did you try may i ask?

Comment

I didnt try anything as i was there playing rather than buying, the ultimate he had in stock had a lovely 'ultimate' shaft as did the cheaper cues in the range, they all had a laquered butt because stu requested them that way but stu said you can get them oil finished if you prefer... Personal preference but from what i could see they all lookied superb however cant get you how they played unfortunately...
                  Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Just got back from visiting Stu, had a good look at these cues, really good quality indeed, finish on the butts not my cup of tea but Stu can remove the gloss on them within minutes if required. Some interesting woods used too, and he said he will be offering a custom made service soon, so people can see what quality they will be getting by looking at these cues, then pick their own choice of woods etc. The 3/4 joints look identical to Parris's. His new website will be launched soon, together with his shop move (upstairs from current venue, next building along) and hopefully will have decided on the pricing. He told me the enormous costs of getting these cues into the country!!!
                    Also not sure if mentioned yet, but Craftsman cues will also be stocking these cues, Stu and Simon are working together on this.

Comment

Yesterday I went through to Greenbaize to see Stu and while I was there I looked at his new 'Maximus' range of cues. They are stunning, perfect splice work and lovely looking cues but then I saw the Maximus 'Ultimate' cue and couldn't believe what an incredible cue it is. The cue just felt perfect from the moment I picked it up, the balance is nice and forward and the cue has got the most amazing ash grain, dead straight side grain, 6 lovely arrows on the top of the shaft and completely blank on the bottom of the shaft, like maple!! Stu let me try out the cue on his match table and it just felt lovely, a nice responsive hit and for sure one of the best cues I have ever seen or tried, and believe me, I have tried and owned some incredible cues in my time.
                      The only negative was the price!, £545!! Mind you, how many snooker players get the opportunity to buy such a stunning cue for that price. Most snooker players who want the perfect 'ultimate' cues have to order them from the likes of John Parris, Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White etc and then wait the best part of a year in the hope that when the cue finally arrives it is a good player.
                      The above is just my own personal opinion, I would definitely recommend these cues.
                      Oldgit
                      'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

That's great news for me , is his new shop all sorted now ? I was waiting untill he had settled in to go and see him to order a custom ultimate from maximus ( aslong as it was worth it after seeing the ultimate he had in stock) did u buy the maximus ultimate he had ?
                        highest practice break - 93 clearance

highest break against practice partner - 72

Comment

First impression of a custom cue nearly completed just waiting to be badged. This is not ultimate order, just custom cue with four splices of afzelia burl on thin maple veneer. Splice work looks decent. Never heard of afzelia burl before but looks like a cross between abmoyna burl and padauk. Will give more information once it arrives, but it looks promising.

264614955164.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                            Yesterday I went through to Greenbaize to see Stu and while I was there I looked at his new 'Maximus' range of cues. They are stunning, perfect splice work and lovely looking cues but then I saw the Maximus 'Ultimate' cue and couldn't believe what an incredible cue it is. The cue just felt perfect from the moment I picked it up, the balance is nice and forward and the cue has got the most amazing ash grain, dead straight side grain, 6 lovely arrows on the top of the shaft and completely blank on the bottom of the shaft, like maple!! Stu let me try out the cue on his match table and it just felt lovely, a nice responsive hit and for sure one of the best cues I have ever seen or tried, and believe me, I have tried and owned some incredible cues in my time.
                            The only negative was the price!, £545!! Mind you, how many snooker players get the opportunity to buy such a stunning cue for that price. Most snooker players who want the perfect 'ultimate' cues have to order them from the likes of John Parris, Mike Wooldridge, Trevor White etc and then wait the best part of a year in the hope that when the cue finally arrives it is a good player.
                            The above is just my own personal opinion, I would definitely recommend these cues.
                            Oldgit
                            dum dum dum, another one bites the dust! you will never change mate!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Lol .. I have been suplying these cues for 6 months now and a good few players around the Manchester area agree that these
                              and Niche are the best quality cues about .Mine are all oil finished with no laquer . paul@thecueman.co.uk

Comment

Jono, that's stunning. Been thinking about ordering one for ages and think I will now I've seen that :snooker:
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X