No announcement yet.

Maximus & Niche (Thai's Cues)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I talk to them through their facebook page, but I'm sure if you can get an email address you can get in touch directly through that.
    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Their hotmail is maximuscues@hotmail.com

Only trouble is you don't get to try before you buy...

Although my experience with him is that he replies Facebook messages every night.
      Last edited by jono*; 5 April 2013, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Don't know if you will be able to order these cues direct as stu and craftmans are the sole agents for these cues so you will need to check

Comment

pretty sure you can order direct from them but I'm put off a little by the hidden charges that increase the cost such as the tax you will need to pay to get it released from customs and other extras such as the price of the exotic woods and how much the price goes up for 4/8/12 splices etc. Either Stu is ripping people off or that is near enough how much a cue like that ends up costing once you've factored in those other charges. I know Stu has got to make a living but if the Ultimate turns out to be around the £500+ mark then I'd rather stick to cue makers in the UK who need the money. In these economic times I'd rather my money be kept in the UK to help out our businesses rather than prop up the asian market.

Comment

You def can't buy them direct anymore you need to order form stu or craftsmans cue

Comment

Suppose it is easier to order from stu or craftsman but I wonder if they take custom orders or will it just be stock that they receive to sell on? Interesting that Craftsman haven't put any link or any cues on their site from maximus yet. Anyone know when they will have any in stock?

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
                You def can't buy them direct anymore you need to order form stu or craftsmans cue
                Correct! I have just had a reply from Maximus about an order i wanted to place with them before this whole UK distrubution business but now they said i should contact GBL or Craftsman.

I will enquire how much my custom order will be from either of them, but have a feeling now that for what its gonna cost i could go to one of our own UK guys ie Travis/Owen etc for the same money.

Comment

Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
                  Correct! I have just had a reply from Maximus about an order i wanted to place with them before this whole UK distrubution business but now they said i should contact GBL or Craftsman.

I will enquire how much my custom order will be from either of them, but have a feeling now that for what its gonna cost i could go to one of our own UK guys ie Travis/Owen etc for the same money.
                  to be honest because of buying power, vat and shipping costs etc you will end up paying about the same price as it would have cost you direct anyway.
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                    to be honest because of buying power, vat and shipping costs etc you will end up paying about the same price as it would have cost you direct anyway.
                    I respectfully disagree Andrew, but i will update what my Custom quote will be when Craftsman come back to me against what it would have cost direct from Maximus and then we can make a true comparison.

Comment

• Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
                      I respectfully disagree Andrew, but i will update what my Custom quote will be when Craftsman come back to me against what it would have cost direct from Maximus and then we can make a true comparison.
                      not sure what they will be on a custom order but i am looking at the maximus trade price list right now and can see stu has a maximus cue that looks good to me for £220 and i can promise you he is not making a lot of money on that, i am pretty sure ordering direct would have cost you the same.

Comment

• Heritage from Maximus £90 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here = £140. Heritage from GBL £260 (rack cue)
                        Immortal from Maximus £70 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here =£130. Immortal from GBL £195 (rack cue)
                        Prime from Maximus £191 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here =£241. Prime from GBL £345 (rack cue)
                        Legend from Maximus £79 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here= £129. Legend from GBL £220 (rack cue)
                        Ultimate (8 splices) from Maximus (own specs) =approx £300 plus £50 to get it here=£350. Ultimate GBL £545 (rack cue)

Make your own minds up
                        Last edited by StuyFD3; 5 April 2013, 10:00 PM.

Comment

• But it doesn't matter what you think really cause you won't be able to order them yourself!

Comment

• Originally Posted by StuyFD3 View Post
                            Heritage from Maximus £90 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here = £140. Heritage from GBL £260 (rack cue)
                            Immortal from Maximus £70 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here =£130. Immortal from GBL £195 (rack cue)
                            Prime from Maximus £191 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here =£241. Prime from GBL £345 (rack cue)
                            Legend from Maximus £79 (own specs) plus say £50 to get it here= £129. Legend from GBL £220 (rack cue)
                            Ultimate (8 splices) from Maximus (own specs) =approx £300 plus £50 to get it here=£350. Ultimate GBL £545 (rack cue)

Make your own minds up
                            these are not the figures i have, and also don't forget VAT and import tax and the cost of transferring the money!

Comment

• The Actual cost of getting a maximus Immortal in to the Uk, when you take into account everything involved
                              Including insuring the cue for its actual value ! Shipping, Vat and customs charge and everthing else involved is
                              around £165. So to me £195 from GBL or Craftsman cues is good value for money and far less hassle!
                              £30 is small proffit for all the work that goes into a buisness, and all the time wasters you get!!!!

Comment

• Originally Posted by gorvagh View Post
                                The Actual cost of getting a maximus Immortal in to the Uk, when you take into account everything involved
                                Including insuring the cue for its actual value ! Shipping, Vat and customs charge and everthing else involved is
                                around £165. So to me £195 from GBL or Craftsman cues is good value for money and far less hassle!
                                £30 is small proffit for all the work that goes into a buisness, and all the time wasters you get!!!!
                                that is around the sort of margins i have for them plus don't forget if you pay with a card stu has to pay for that etc!

Comment

Working...
                                X