Wanted - Ye Olde Ash Cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
    umm in theory, in reality they were pretty expensive new so were looked after and not forgotten, same reason there are not really parris cues turning up in working mens clubs.
    i agree about it in reality, there was also a war were lots of blokes died and the cues could have been locked away also,but if they did make a 1st ed for say half of the period pre 1944 thats approx 14-15 yrs at say 100 cues a yr so there might be up to 1000 1st ed yoa about,then some might have been destroyed in the war,so there might be realisticly 800 surviving yoa out there ,makes you think
    Last edited by jim evans; 10 December 2012, 02:59 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

i would be surprised if there were more than 200 red shafted first edition made in total.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

audit of ye old ash

think we should have a audit,how many people can say they know where a ye old ash 1st edition his

Comment

Originally Posted by Guy3103 View Post
          Can you tell me a little bit more about what a Tony Ions replica is? How many of them do you think are out there?
          Tony Ions created some very nice replicas that had a lovely aged shaft with similar characteristics to the real thing, the cues were badged Newcastle and I think he used ash reclaimed from a derelict church. The last one I saw was maybe through here a couple of years ago, listed by either Jason or 'Platt'. Nice cue and would be good to be familiar with the replica weight stamp so as not to need to pester ADR & others with the "is it genuine question"
          On Cue Facebook Page
          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            think we should have a audit,how many people can say they know where a ye old ash 1st edition his
            With full names and addresses and details of all holidays and weekends away booked throughout 2013 too!
            On Cue Facebook Page
            Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
            Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
              Tony Ions created some very nice replicas that had a lovely aged shaft with similar characteristics to the real thing, the cues were badged Newcastle and I think he used ash reclaimed from a derelict church. The last one I saw was maybe through here a couple of years ago, listed by either Jason or 'Platt'. Nice cue and would be good to be familiar with the replica weight stamp so as not to need to pester ADR & others with the "is it genuine question"
              i think their are a fair few people on here would also be able to tell you.

Comment

well i would know of the whereabouts of around 12 of them.

Comment

Must be pretty odd looking cues to see in the flesh, seen a couple of pics of one and it looks weird enough through those.

Comment

well i would know of the whereabouts of around 12 of them.
                    thats what i mean andrew if we could try and find out how many they are dont need names or owt,ile have a word round know were 1 is ,will try and find more

Comment

i thought that was the story for the 2nd editions

Comment

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
                        i thought that was the story for the 2nd editions
                        i will explain one day on the phone - would take too long to type!

Comment

hi m8
                          friend of mine has a 1st edition ye olde ash nice 1 he wants £600
                          also i have a horace lindrum picture badge a black plate joe davis a joe davis 147 break a fred davis a burroughs&watts all excellent n straight all ash all machine spliced £90 each or all take a sensible offer on the 5 if ya interested gisabell on 07917682090 paul

cheers

Comment

You positive it's a 1st edition ???
                            I believe you got most of these cues from my mate Phil from Darlington ??? small world

Comment

if its a 1st edition I am interested...
                              email me at
                              kev147(at)rocketmail.com
                              thanks

Comment

hi

im also interested in the 1st edition ye olde ash, can you email me at therocket2005 @ aol.com
                                Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X