Help identifying this wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying this wood?

Hi all, can anyone tell me what the wood used for the bottom splices is please? Possibly pale moon ebony!?
    Last edited by Dave Walton; 11 December 2012, 12:51 AM.

I'm failing to see a picture here pal

Comment

Originally Posted by Ains147 View Post
      I'm failing to see a picture here pal
      I know I messed up and reposted the thread with the pics, don't know how to delete threads

Comment

Might work this time
        Attached Files

Comment

I see now....although not much use coz I don't have a bleedin' clue what wood that is.

Comment

looks like macassar
            mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Could be maccassar but I've never seen maccassar ebony with that colouring before, its unusual to say the the least

Comment

Very difficult from a picture to say for certain. Could be a number of woods, could be some species of rosewood, macassar is a decent shout too but looks a little too orange to be that but that could be the light from the flash. Bocote is another wood that looks very similar to this.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                  Very difficult from a picture to say for certain. Could be a number of woods, could be some species of rosewood, macassar is a decent shout too but looks a little too orange to be that but that could be the light from the flash. Bocote is another wood that looks very similar to this.
                  Its not the flash the wood is orange mate. Its got me baffled

Comment

If it helps the cue is the Robin Scott edition 15 cue. My mate just got it yesterday and wanted to know what the wood is

Comment

Me thinks its Zebrano...

Comment

We are currently using something similar . A client has sent over his own laminate for a Reception Desk and he calls it Macasser and it has a very orange colour to it . So i reckon this could well be Macasser .
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Zebra Wood, it's in wiki and is common on the cues mass produced in HK/China, butt is rosewood with a standard veneer in between, very similar to one I bought my nephew for xmas, some of the splices are dead ringers for yours.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-4-HANDMA...item1e754cf99c

Comment

More than likely painted on it ! I would imagine.

Comment

Working...
                              X