No announcement yet.

Chalk in the Grain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would stain first then sand back then oil.
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Yeah oiling comes last

Comment

might be an idea to mix some sanding sealer with the grain filler to help seal the grain. Then cut back and oil.

Comment

OK so here are some before pics

Comment

After new ferrule, delaquer and blacken grain/oil

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              After new ferrule, delaquer and blacken grain/oil [ATTACH=CONFIG]12667[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12668[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12670[/ATTACH]
              You've done a great job on it, is this going to be your playing cue?
              Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Made a really nice job of that mate...out of interest which grain filler did you use?? was it a black one or did you mix it with a colour??...Karlos

Comment

Now for the butt as you can see from these pics Im trying to lengthen the cue plus move the flat in line with the points and add a bit of weight. By cutting a line just above the flat and adding x3 of these sections of ebony.
                  Im not so worried about doing the job but I am concerned about the sound and play of the cue after. Any ideas?
                  Maybe I will start a new thread about this

Comment

I can get so much on the white with such little effort, so It will be for playing.

Comment

I used a plan wood filler by a firm Dragon and the coulor was heban wich is prity black. Now I must handover the laptop to my 5year girl be on later..
                      Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                      Made a really nice job of that mate...out of interest which grain filler did you use?? was it a black one or did you mix it with a colour??...Karlos

Comment

Thanks stejohn I'll look into that next time, for this job gonna stick to what Iv got to hand. Do you think bees wax after the oiling prosess will do ok?
                        Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                        might be an idea to mix some sanding sealer with the grain filler to help seal the grain. Then cut back and oil.

Comment

Thanks for the input and compliments all

Comment

i don't like beeswax myself, it can get sticky after a while, just go with the oil and buff really, really well in between coats and keep on buffing!

Comment

Yeah I'll do that stejohn. Not to keen on the beeswax smell eather.

Originally Posted by stejohn View Post
                              i don't like beeswax myself, it can get sticky after a while, just go with the oil and buff really, really well in between coats and keep on buffing!

Comment

Working...
                              X