Riley trapezium cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riley trapezium cue

Hi anyone know if these cues are rare and what one would be worth, think i've just bought one off ebay?
    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

What like this one?

http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...%281st-Edt-%29

Comment

Same shape badge but screw in the middle, got excited when i spotted it badly advertised on ebay, "snooker ques & balls"

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
        Same shape badge but screw in the middle, got excited when i spotted it badly advertised on ebay, "snooker ques & balls"
        I got mine for £56 on ebay, earlier in the year.

I was worried, as I was the only bidder, but I suppose it doesn't have

any famous players name linked to it.

I liked it because of the simplicity ( plain hand spliced ebony & maple ).

How much did you win it for ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

£19.99 buy it now £16.50 delivery 2 cues a rest and a set of balls!

Comment

Great buy there
            No specs i notice, hopefully all will be good, balls will sell easy enough

Comment

Cue arrived today, good condition for it's age 57", 16oz, 9mm tip original old tip with no ferrule.
              The other cue is a nice honest old machine spliced maple cue, unbadged 57", around 17oz 9.5mm tip.
              Balls are old belgian aramith.
              Just goes to show there are still bargains to be had out there!

Comment

can anyone tell me anything more about this cue, it's a lovely cue and plays well but tip size is just a little small for me, so am either going to ferule it at 9.5mm or stick it back on fleabay, must be worth more than I paid for it?

Comment

I think your badge has been added to a different cue at some point ??? It's far too high up and badly fitted in my opinion.
                  Look at pic of my cue with badge in more normal position

Comment

Must admit it does seem badly fitted as you can see from the picture, can't find many examples to compare it to, would probably get more for it if I added a front splice anyway. Anyone want to buy a badge?

Comment

Think we've got to the bottom of it, the butt has been re chamfered and the badge put back on a little higher, can still see the original hole which has been filled.
                      Can i still honestly sell this as a trapezium cue on ebay, need to get £50 out of it to break even, is this likely?

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                        Think we've got to the bottom of it, the butt has been re chamfered and the badge put back on a little higher, can still see the original hole which has been filled.
                        Can i still honestly sell this as a trapezium cue on ebay, need to get £50 out of it to break even, is this likely?
                        Perhaps list it as something slightly vague "Nice old handspliced cue" and add photos showing it off nicely including the badge. The advantage of ebay is that people like to feel that they have made a great discovery that others may have missed! A little sneaky, but you have not labelled or described it as a Riley Trapezium cue.

You may get your money back, however sometimes you'll lose a tenner to learn a lesson you won't forget
                        On Cue Facebook Page
                        Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                        Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                          Perhaps list it as something slightly vague "Nice old handspliced cue" and add photos showing it off nicely including the badge. The advantage of ebay is that people like to feel that they have made a great discovery that others may have missed! A little sneaky, but you have not labelled or described it as a Riley Trapezium cue.

You may get your money back, however sometimes you'll lose a tenner to learn a lesson you won't forget
                          I've lost a damn site more than a tenner before now, but still never learn, i am that idiot that always thinks he's found a bargain! Lol

Comment

Ouch! Well maybe keep this one and screw it to the wall above where you normally do your ebay browsing as a harsh reminder mate
                            On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

I see you went for the vague listing approach

Here is the link so that forum members are aware:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/extremely-...item2a281c731b

Good luck
                              On Cue Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X