No announcement yet.

Riley trapezium cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you could just list it accurately and truthfully - and it'll sell for whatever its worth?

Being deliberately vague will only lead to a buyer being disapointed.. sounds like a shysters trick to me.. v suprised someone with a supposed interest in cues is suggesting to do it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old cue collector --
    Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
    (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
      Or you could just list it accurately and truthfully - and it'll sell for whatever its worth?

Being deliberately vague will only lead to a buyer being disapointed.. sounds like a shysters trick to me.. v suprised someone with a supposed interest in cues is suggesting to do it.
      That is exactly what it is! I don't do it personally and would no longer buy an item listed as such. Ebay is far from the moral marketplace for any item and has led to the somewhat skewed meaning of words like 'Vintage' & 'Rare' and often things are not as they appear.

The man asked can I list it as a Riley Trapezium? I suggested he didn't. The man stated he needed £50 back from it. I told him of a way that people list things to acheive this.

My conscience is clear....I think
      On Cue Facebook Page
      Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
      Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Anyone got another one or similar Riley.No silly prices and must be straight.

Comment

Define silly money?

Comment

Over three figures.But feel free to pm me.

Comment

Originally Posted by bigandyg View Post
              Over three figures.But feel free to pm me.
              Technically, over three figures is four figures, but I know that's not what you meant.

It's not a trapezium but a riley prize cue and has been my player for the past 20 years and been my best cue though I'm now trying customs for no real reason after a few years off, it's a perfect player and therefore straight but unless your budget is around double three figures, if you know what I mean, it can gather dust with the others.

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                .... but unless your budget is around double three figures, if you know what I mean,....
                Lol, how much is that then ??

Comment

i think bigandy meant three figures being one hundred in which case double that, though if i misread and he did mean under four figures i could probably negotiate within that bandwidth too, after all, it's nearly christmas

Comment

Thought i'd been pretty honest with it, it's a lovely cue, even showed a close up of the damage around the badge, just didn't want to mislead anyone as i couldn't confirm it was a genuine trapezium!
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                    X