parris uneven splices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• parris uneven splices

I recently sent my JP cue away to Parris Cues to get 4 secondary splices of Thuya Burr with blue veneers,7 weeks and £160.00 later i got it back and was shocked to find the new splices are uneven.I am really surprised that John let the cue go out like that as i have had a JP Regency cue in the past which was absolutely perfect.Don't get me wrong the cue is beautiful to play with i just would have expected it to be perfect in every way considering JP is one of the top cue makers.Has anyone had any experience with this?

Looks pretty shoddy work when your paying extra for a bit of exclusivity...I wonder if Mr Parris actually takes a look at some of the cues which leave his premises??...On saying that the Ultimate i sold for a mate a bit back was number 401 and none of the splices lined up and in fairness i wouldn't have bought it in the first place.

Comment

Not good at all, now trading on his name, not quality !!!!

Comment

I have E-mailed him so i probably won't get a reply until they open again

Comment

I emailed parris cues to get an update of what cues he had ready to buy off the shelf. That was around 10 days ago and still not reply. Says 24 hour wait to get a reply. Bad service.
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
            I emailed parris cues to get an update of what cues he had ready to buy off the shelf. That was around 10 days ago and still not reply. Says 24 hour wait to get a reply. Bad service.
            Theyve been closed the last week or more with Christmas etc, not open again till tomorrow.

Can any cuemaker comment on how hard it is to get splices and veneers the same length at the top? From a laymans point of view it would seem to be a case of accurate measurement, but there may be more to it?
            Last edited by narl; 2 January 2013, 11:04 PM.

Comment

I have seen two paris ultimates and neither have level splices.

Comment

it really doesn't matter, they don't play better if the splices are level or not, it's window dressing!!!

money for old rope, if a cue plays, it plays!!

Comment

So Ultimate rip off then

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                    it really doesn't matter, they don't play better if the splices are level or not, it's window dressing!!!

If i paid £160 for "window dressing"" id want it to be done as well as possible...Think you're missing the point somewhat.

Comment

just wear a flashier shirt, it won't help either

Comment

just wear a flashier shirt, it won't help either
                        Hear that whooshing sound? Thats the point going way over your head.

Comment

look in the mirror - bang - you didn't see it

Comment

look in the mirror - bang - you didn't see it

Any chance of you explaining exactly why this is a non-issue instead of just rambling?

Comment

Agreed that splices don't make the cue play any better. But I'd expect them to be pretty level all the same, having paid £160 for it. I can get an evenly spliced brand new cue from some other cue manufacturers for the same amount of money.
                              When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                              X