blackswancues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackswancues

Has anyone bought cues from here off ebay?.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Yes........

Comment

yes totel gent, great quality items and trustworthy
      Craftsman custom made cue
      57 inches
      17 ounces
      9 mil Wooldridge original supertip
      ash shaft plain ebony butt

Comment

May well be a gent, i bought from him the past without problem. i would say however he bought a cue I was selling which had a number of things wrong with it and consequently sold v cheaply. Then immediately relisted at 4x the price paid and didn't mention any of the bad stuff..

Some of you might think that's entrepreneurial, but by a twist of fate I knew the guy who bought it again and he was obviously disappointed that important info relevant to the value/originality of the cue was omitted.

Not something I'd do for sure.. So no place in the 'circle' from me.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Old cue collector --
        Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
        (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

he has some really nice looking cues, will keep my eyes open for one with the specs i like. Thanks for replies.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi all, first post!

I recently bought a cue from David at blackswancues. It's an old maple cue with a really nice deep colour on a machine spliced ebony butt. David refurbished it and added a amboyna front splice with green veneer. I guess because of damage. I have to say he did a great job. The finish on the whole cue is great and it's gun barrel straight.

I asked him what make the cue was originally, he thought it was a riley diamond but looking at the weight stamp it's more likely an old peradon.

I've not played with it yet but it's the exact specs I was going to order a cue from andy travis. If it plays good I'll start using it all the time.

I would highly recommend buying from blackswancues he has a few on ebay at the moment!

Comment

Originally Posted by Willeverton View Post
              Hi all, first post!

I recently bought a cue from David at blackswancues. It's an old maple cue with a really nice deep colour on a machine spliced ebony butt. David refurbished it and added a amboyna front splice with green veneer. I guess because of damage. I have to say he did a great job. The finish on the whole cue is great and it's gun barrel straight.

I asked him what make the cue was originally, he thought it was a riley diamond but looking at the weight stamp it's more likely an old peradon.

I've not played with it yet but it's the exact specs I was going to order a cue from andy travis. If it plays good I'll start using it all the time.

I would highly recommend buying from blackswancues he has a few on ebay at the moment!
              Will, You know the post previous to yours was sent nearly a year and a half ago right ?

Welcome to the forum btw.

Comment

blackswancues

He's quality to deal with. Deffo trustworthy.

Comment

Yeah I was searching blackswancues online before I bought the cue and this thread came up! Thought I'd post on it to let you all know you can get good cues for a decent price from him.

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                    May well be a gent, i bought from him the past without problem. i would say however he bought a cue I was selling which had a number of things wrong with it and consequently sold v cheaply. Then immediately relisted at 4x the price paid and didn't mention any of the bad stuff..

Some of you might think that's entrepreneurial, but by a twist of fate I knew the guy who bought it again and he was obviously disappointed that important info relevant to the value/originality of the cue was omitted.

Not something I'd do for sure.. So no place in the 'circle' from me.
                    Same here, he buys under one account and sells under another (nothing wrong with that I suppose) but I too sold him a cue with the wrong badge which he then relisted at twice the price without that info on the auction.

Comment

I've never deliberately sold a cue with the 'wrong' badge. To avoid this I send photos of all the vintage cues that I buy to Andy Hunter, if he spots any as a replica then I sell them on as replicas. I have then seen some of these cues re-listed without them being described as replicas.
                      By the way Gazza you're admitting to selling a cue with the 'wrong' badge. Why not get in touch and remind me which cue this is as I've no recollection of buying a cue from you.

Comment

Hi David, the incorrect badge was stated by me in the auction but not when you relisted it .

Its quite a while ago and you may have missed it - no one said it was intentional- it may have been a genuine mistake.

Perhaps even I was mistaken - are you not vantheman6612 and blackswancues on ebay ?

Comment

Those are the details of the buyer and subsequent seller of a Peall cue I sold
                          On Cue Facebook Page
                          Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                          Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Originally Posted by blackswan01 View Post
                            I've never deliberately sold a cue with the 'wrong' badge. To avoid this I send photos of all the vintage cues that I buy to Andy Hunter, if he spots any as a replica then I sell them on as replicas. I have then seen some of these cues re-listed without them being described as replicas.
                            By the way Gazza you're admitting to selling a cue with the 'wrong' badge. Why not get in touch and remind me which cue this is as I've no recollection of buying a cue from you.
                            the only cues that would fool andy would be worth more as replicas than the originals anyway!
                            https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Working...
                            X