Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cuemakers help required for loose joint please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cuemakers help required for loose joint please?

Hi looking for some advice on how to repair a two piece center jointed cue, the female half will move slightly when putting the cue together and talking it apart, it pings when played with. What I want to know is how to remove the female joint so I can glue and re-fit it at home? Its just a cheap cue and not worth the expense of even posting lol. Cheers

hi dave you might be able to steam it apart,put the female end over a pan of boiling water,might take a few goes, then join cue and turn till it comes loose

Comment

Thanks Jim I'll give that a try :-)

Comment

it would be easier if you had a male joint you could screw in and heat the male with a small blow lamp transfer heat into female then unscrew it

Comment

You're a legend Jim, lucky for me I had a male pin from a broken cue, heated it up with my zippo same way I've repaired male joints and remove ferrules and its worked a treat. Thanks a lot :-)

Comment

Dave is the man you are looking for.

Comment

Originally Posted by Samling View Post
              Dave is the man you are looking for.

What you on about?

Comment

Sorry marte. Didn't realize you are Dave, too. I meas Dave Coutts.

Comment

Originally Posted by Samling View Post
                  Sorry marte. Didn't realize you are Dave, too. I meas Dave Coutts.

Ah okay lol. This is just a really cheap cue that gets left in the bar, just the cost of posting it to a cuemaker would be more than the cue is worth. Heard good things about Dave and Louise at Coutts cues though mate

Comment

Working...
                  X