Thuya or Amoya?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thuya or Amoya?

What goes or looks best with a thick maple veneer, for a front splice, thuya or amoya burr?

either, personal preference, mine is Tulipwood, oh sorry wasnt an option

Out of the 2 i prefer amboyna.

Comment

Lol, it's like asking the forum "what's your favourite colour"

Anything goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

i realy like bocote (mexican rose wood) with a thick maple veneer you can find some beautiful pieces but like thuya burl to especially if you can ge a piece with lots of eyes.

Comment

I think Amboyna would go best against a thick maple veneer though it all depends on the figuring of the burr. Thuya would also go well but I think amboyna just has a more classy look to it. I have a JPU on order with a long single face of amboyna which I think will go well without a veneer, can't wait for it!!!

Comment

Sorry off the subject a bit but I have a Trevor white on order with 4 lower splices of snakewood with maple veneers, but I was talking to Trevor today and he sent me a few pictures with 4 snakewood splices and curly maple veneers which I think looks fantastic so I think I will be goin for that!!! ��

Comment

Yeah, snakeweood is nice too, along with the thuya, amoya burr & cocabola!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by darrenlowe79 View Post
                Sorry off the subject a bit but I have a Trevor white on order with 4 lower splices of snakewood with maple veneers, but I was talking to Trevor today and he sent me a few pictures with 4 snakewood splices and curly maple veneers which I think looks fantastic so I think I will be goin for that!!! ��
                Share the picture then !

Comment

thruya for me, love the stuff

Comment

Anyone got any photos of thuya or amoya with maple veneers?

Comment

Originally Posted by itx View Post
                      Anyone got any photos of thuya or amoya with maple veneers?
                      IIRC Jason Owen has cues with both types of burr and thick maple veneers on his cue guru site, or on his face book page. Not checked though, may just be Thuyas.

Comment

have a look at my pool spec cue.
                        Thuya on a thick maple veneer on ebony butt
                        http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...DR147?p=597211
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Comment

Check out cue number 40 on the cue guru site...Amboyna burr with thick maple veneer

Comment

Originally Posted by karlos fandango View Post
                              Check out cue number 40 on the cue guru site...Amboyna burr with thick maple veneer
                              It's nice, but cue 25, for me is stunning.
                              I think it's amboyna with thick ebony & thuya veneers ( or thuya with ebony & amboyna veneers, can never remember which ).

Is it owned by someone on here ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X