No announcement yet.

Cue from the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes going to start to hate me at this rate Maxsys,I do apologise again Gary,I was posting at work earlier,now ive got home and im still at it.
    No edit doesnt help either

Comment

Cannon ye olde ash,Ill have investigate that one,thanks again Gary,you been extremley helpful mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by george31 View Post
        Im just a recreational player,and use love playing snooker,threw 80s and 90s,then stop playing,and now just got the bug again and have started playing again,bought myself a Peradon Crown (not come yet) standard butt diameter,58 inch,9.5m elkmaster,lightweight.(hope it works)
        Anyway back to topic,I use to own for many years a cue I bought from a snooker magazine back then,so im hoping with the forum I can trace it.
        It was a 3/4 ebony butt,and quite sure it had a maple shaft,the makers disc was in the butt.Think it was a Cannon,just not sure,the model was possibly a Whirlwind (linked to Jimmy White),watching Jimmy throughout hes career,hes cue was similiar to this one ive described,if im right.When did the 3/4 cue first make its apperance,does anyone know?
        Cheers for any replies guys
        George
        Not sure if its been replied to, but the third cue which was in the series was the tornado which was maple and jointed at 16" I think the butt was ebonised.

Comment

It's always been in the back of mind that there was a third,but now you mentioned the tornado and the fact it was maple with an ebony butt,I'm quite sure now that was the model I had.
          Thanks for the post ebonynivory,

George

Comment

Hi
            Thought id say hello. I play in the Watford and District Snooker League....... with My Cannon Whirlwind !. Ive had it 27years or so now and the shaft is still as straight as the day i bought it. I still love playing with it, I thought of putting her into retirement and bought myself a Parris Regal but i couldn't play as well with it so i still play with it to this day !!

All the best
            Mark

Comment

Working...
            X