Here for sale is a cue made by myself.

Cue is a one piece, 57 & 1/2 inches long
    9mm tip with brass ferrule
    29mm diameter full wenge butt with single maple and black walnut splice
    16oz in weight
    balance point 17 inches
    stiff shaft

Note

cue is not perfect as it's only the second one I have made, splices are not even but it plays very well. Not suitable for the Gok Wans on this site but fine for someone wanting something a bit different that one could get personal with and hone ones game to.
    Pictures don't really do the wenge justice, really nice grain and colour to it.

Not looking for a lot, pm me with your offers, postage will be a tenner, UK buyers only.

Good effort for only your 2nd attempt? If this progresses, what will you have on your badges? V4S ?

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Originally Posted by Inoffthered View Post
      Good effort for only your 2nd attempt? If this progresses, what will you have on your badges? V4S ?

Keep up the good work.
      Thanks, appreciate that.
      Cue is totally hand made with a handplane, lot of effort involved but I didn't allow enough time between the planing stages on the shaft and it moved after the butt was spliced on to it so I had to plane off a tiny bit more on one side than the other so the splices ended up uneven. Learned my lesson from that and the current one is better, just finishing it off this week with a final sand, wire wool and oil finish, very similar to this one with the exception that there is no decorative splice on the butt, just full wenge which is very, very nice I must say.
      Will offer it up for sale probably next week, some time, when I'm satisfied with it.

As for badges I've really no idea how to go about getting them made.

Comment

Cue is now sold, went for fifty quid on ebay.

Comment

Thats not to bad I remember j butters cues going for that for ages on eBay same with a Travis is early cues where only fetching around that. I would just be proud of making a cue that someone would actually pay money for keep going as you get better I am sure the price of your cues will increace.

Comment

It's the 'buy it now' price I set for it mate, said I didn't want much and fifty was reasonable for what it was, less than perfect.
            Listed it yesterday at 5.00 pm and it sold at 7.00 pm posted it off this morning.
            Just hope it doesn't fall apart

Comment

Popped back up on the bay, badged now then....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HANDMADE-T...item1c3042b849
              Last edited by cally; 24 February 2013, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Well spotted cally, Blackswancues again

Comment

Aye, black swan again.. He's a card int he...

Comment

Don't knock, him he'll go far lol

Comment

Weight length and tip all listed as different, you sure its the same cue...
                      sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

Look at it...

That makes no odds with the specs bud, the guy has recently had 2 cues from members here and both times they have popped up on ebay with slightly different specs, and a different splice on the exquisite even..lol.... (have a looksy at the other cue he had from here, the exquisite, slight diff specs as to what the seller put here too)

Its the same cue alright....
                        Last edited by cally; 24 February 2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Just had a looksey at it, thanks for the link Cally, it's definately my cue, recognise the uneven splices. The specs given are all wrong except the length, butt is actually wenge with a maple and black walnut splice, not ebony and rosewood as stated. I guess he did this to throw new buyers off the scent.
                          To be honest I'm quite flattered that someone thinks my work is good enough to put their own badge on, tells me I'm going in the right direction and it looks so much better with a badge on it.
                          No hard feelings from me and I must get some badges sorted for myself.

Comment

After a few emails between us the listing for the cue has been amended. Nothing sinister going on just a couple of brothers making and refurbishing cues to their own standards and selling them on.
                            Give them a chance you guys, they have some real nice ones for sale at very reasonable prices.

Comment

Does that badge say "will hunt" ?

Comment

Working...
                              X