Round or flat butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Round or flat butt

Is there much difference between a cue with a round or a flat butt?

Hi, I play with a round butt..reason for this is just because I felt it would be a benifit in lining up the grain of the cue...wouldt want to change for a flat anymore, but it took a little while to get to grips with....hope this helps.

Comment

The same for me . Can't play with the flat for some reason . And spin the cue to the grain .

But then when you see some of the pro's the have their hand quite high up , so that negates the need for the flat anyway .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I can only play with the flat. It is my gauge for where to hold the cue on different types of shot and even with the rest.

Comment

Same difference as between ash and maple or in other words, no, just personal preference

Comment

Currently only play with a flat, considering having the cue thats away getting work done changed to a round butt out of curiositys sake.
            Last edited by narl; 6 February 2013, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I play with a flat butt, but would prefer a rounded one. Since I hold the cue approximately the same way (flat part up) on each shot, cue tip gets uneven wear. I play more stuns and screws than topspin, so that is inevitable. Other than that, no difference at all for me.

Comment

I changed from flat to round July time and it took months to get used to, to be honest i'm still not 100% whether i prefer flat or round...
                Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

I much prefer the look of a round butt, however I prefer the feel of a flat butt helps me have a more consistent grip and cue delivery. I always sight down the same part of the cue - does result in uneven wear on the tip butI believe most players tend to sight down the same area- even when I used a Maple cue I alwys held the cue in same position.

Comment

I have to have a flat on the butt as that's where I place the tip of my thumb when using the rest, and when cueing normally the flat is always upside out of the way of my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X