X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with you on that myth, the ash mm the ash

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
      Any chance of some close ups of the different exotics?

So I can drool some more . . .

Thanks!

; )
      if you go in to your garden and take me pictures of 7 different flowers tomorrow, then i will take the time to take pictures of the exotics

Comment

rosewood and maple

my latest cue, it is a little belter, maple shaft with four rosewood splices and a further set of four maple splices

quite a powerful little cue this one, verry stiff, you can feel every shot !

57.3/4" long
        15 1/2 oz
        19" balance
        29.5mm butt
        8.4mm tip/ferrule

Comment

Very nice looking cue Crispian keep up the good work.

Comment

Looks great Crispian !! I have no flowers in my garden. How about 7 cue pics? ; )
            My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
            I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Hideous, I would go so far as to say I'm positively offended by it's ugliness, mocking us all with it's simplicity, how dare it! Just filling in until the haters get here lol
              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Originally Posted by culraven View Post
                Hideous, I would go so far as to say I'm positively offended by it's ugliness, mocking us all with it's simplicity, how dare it! Just filling in until the haters get here lol
                TW#T :-) ha ha

Comment

exotics

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                  Looks great Crispian !! I have no flowers in my garden. How about 7 cue pics? ; )
                  taking pictures is a needless messy job, but as it hapens i do have to weigh all my wood tomorrow, so on that basis
                  (and the fact that im a nice guy) i will take you a few pictures

Comment

Originally Posted by crispian jones View Post
                    taking pictures is a needless messy job, but as it hapens i do have to weigh all my wood tomorrow, so on that basis
                    (and the fact that im a nice guy) i will take you a few pictures
                    You are a nice guy!

: )
                    My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                    I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Hi Crispian,

If its not too much trouble could you outline the method used to lengthen a cue. I imagine the butt end splicing is removed and lengthened but what techniques are used to keep balance and weight. Sorry to be nosy but just curious

Comment

Very skillfully hand planed to pin point precision and then glued with a wood of your own choice!
                        Cues may be plugged before hand depending on length required.
                        It's always important to keep the centre point of the cue during this process.
                        Sorry I'm not Crispian but though I'd give a quick description.

Comment

heres a pic off one ime extending

Comment

So basically that is then planed to shape and splices laid over as Raymo said. So does the balance point change or what other techniques are used to keep it the same? I am imagining a cue with a hole drilled up the shaft to take weight out to counteract the extra length but would that not effect the shaft or am I way off track?

And thanks for the pic and info guys, very interesting.

Comment

all depends what wood you are using for extra splicings ebony will bring the balance towards the butt.lighter woods will just about remain the same,when i extend i drill about an inch into butt with a 9-10 mm then i insert a turned bung with a dowel type fitting ,recentre cue an work to that

Comment

Thanks Jim, its starting to make more sense well a bit anyway.

I probably should have started a new thread rather than hijack Crispians sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X