rodney hinde cue on ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rodney hinde cue on ebay

hi there im new to this forum but think i need to warn people that there is a fake rodney hinde cue being advertised on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123 so anyone on ebay i would advise not to bid on this. Anyone who knows about a rodney made cue will know it has a copper plaque on the bottom saying made for ............ by rodney hinde. A good mate of mine is a ex pro and owns both a rodney cue and a mac chambers cue and knows him very well so would advise not remove all bids

The pictures of the chedder classics cue case are identical to the ones of the same case sold on the 27th Jan by this seller.

Comment

hi i did nt know about every cue has a copper plaque ive got one of his cues and your right

Comment

he lives just down the road from me and made shauns cue too. My mate plays golf with him as he is retired now. My mate has a rodney cue and a mac chambers cue which is the bes cue ive ever seen and is the best cue mac ever made

Comment

was it the same seller

Comment

I know a player who has one with badge and one without.

Based on that, I would not rule out this being geninue.

Comment

all cues made by rodney have a badge he did work on alot of cues over the years for people ive asked an ex pro who is good friends with him to confirm this

Comment

Originally Posted by parks85 View Post
                all cues made by rodney have a badge he did work on alot of cues over the years for people ive asked an ex pro who is good friends with him to confirm this
                the joint is right - i have heard of them being without badges, like many cue makers they will build you what you ask and pay for.
                https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

im 95 percent sure its not but will find out if it is

Comment

i think i have rodneys phone number but realistically how would he know unless the story checks out.
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

is the base joint the same as the stamford ones, they look quite similar

Comment

Ive got a cue made by Rodney and it has a nameplate but not a copper one. Its difficult to say if this cue is genuine Rodney but the extension certainly is

Comment

My old pairs partner in Oxfordshire used a Rodney Hinde cue that had an ivory or plastic badge on. He told me that at that time Rodney had got two lovely pieces of maple and my partner got one cue and Darren Morgan (Wales) got the other. I have seen quite a few of Rodney's cues as I used to call in and have a cuppa with him on my way back to Oxfordshire from the NE every week. He certainly did use metal badges with 'made for ......' on but also used plastic or ivory or indeed whatever you specified.
                          I know for sure that James Tatton did use a Rodney Hinde cue, I remember him coming to our club to play in the Oxfordshire Monday night league and James broke off, my team mate went for a red, missed it and James knocked in a 72 break!
                          I once went for a days snooker tuition with Del Hill and in his snooker room was a rack of cues and in the middle was a Rodney Hinde cue that an old friend of Dels had donated to him.
                          So, in my opinion this cue is a genuine Rodney Hinde cue that possibly James had requested no badge or maybe it was a donor cue (like Shaun Murphys) that Rodney had extended or modified, either way it was a cue that was used for some years by a snooker professional so must be worth the £225 that it has just sold for on ebay, the cheddar classic case is old and worn but must be worth quite a bit by itself.
                          Oldgit
                          'Believe To Achieve'

Comment

Originally Posted by parks85 View Post
                            he lives just down the road from me and made shauns cue too. My mate plays golf with him as he is retired now. My mate has a rodney cue and a mac chambers cue which is the bes cue ive ever seen and is the best cue mac ever made
                            From an inteview on Eurosport a year or so ago, Shaun Murphy's cue is a Tom Newman 1370 (Burroughes and Watts circa 1924-30) and so was not made by Rodney Hinde. Shaun's dad bought it from Rodney for Shaun's 15th birthday. Rodney did add a thuya burr splice and butt joint. Reputedly the cue was previously owned by Ray Reardon.
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Your right about shauns cue and there is a story behind it too. He was playing a match at rushden snooker centre and had no cue as rodney was doing something to it, Rodney gave Shaun that cue to use he knock in a big break and fell in love with it. Over the years Rodney has modified it for him. And i spoke to my mate about that cue last night and he thinks its a cue brought from Rodney but not made by him. Rodney was a avid collector of cues.

Comment

Working...
                              X