Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Parris cue too short!

Hi,

I've bought a second hand John Parris cue but after playing with it, i realized the cue is a bit short for me.
    (56")
    Since I would like to keep the cue I wonder what my options are.
    New butt, new shaft or selling and lokking for another one?
    I would like the cue to be at least 59"

Please give me some advice.

Grtz,
    Alex

Changing from 56 to 59 is a huge difference in cue lengths. Are you sure you know what you want??

Comment

One other option is to examine your stance.. it may be you have an unorthodox setup which requires a longer cue than the orthodox setup would. Of course, you may be a well established player and changing technique can be tricky so feel free to ignore this suggestion.

How tall are you? I am 5'8"/9" and use a 57.5" cue. My grip hand is 1-2" from the end of the cue, so theoretically I could use a 55.5" cue without any problem.

My bridge length is ~10-11" which is on the longer end of orthodox (8-12"), so I could - with a shorter bridge length - use an even shorter cue.

Those changes would be weird and take some time to cement, time which many ppl can't or don't want to spend so no worries if you want to ignore this option
      "Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error"
      - Linus Pauling

Comment

I would suggest that you go and try out a few different cue lengths . As said by the other poster , big difference in cue specs .

Personally i would sell the cue and buy one that is the right length for you . May work out cheaper in the long run . As in believe that it will de-value the cue if you try to get it adjusted
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I've made a little mistake as the length of the cue is not 56 " but 57"
          Still, a little bit too short for me since I'm 6'2".

I've been playing american pool for over 6 years using a 59" cue.

Maybe the best option is to sell the Parris cue again or make a trade.
          I've recently bought this cue, wich is aprox. 15 years of age, including 2 extensions + case, for 250 euro / 216,5 GBP

Did i pay too much?

Comment

hey wats youe email i might have a good trade for you mate

Comment

my email is:
              aledubpe@hotmail.com

grtz,
              Alex

Comment

Originally Posted by aledubpe View Post
                ..... I've recently bought this cue, wich is aprox. 15 years of age, including 2 extensions + case, for 250 euro / 216,5 GBP

Did i pay too much?
                You havn't said which Parris model it is ???

Comment

Pictures would be good and may generate some interest

Comment

hi have sent email

Comment

http://nl.kapaza.be/vi/71240348.htm?ca=2_s

Comment

I've decided to permanently extend the butt by 2 inches.
                        Going to have this done by a pro.
                        This will cost me +/- 50 gbp but this way i will be able to keep the cue.

Comment

Just in case you ever decide to sell it on you'd be better off getting the work done by Parris himself or you might hurt the resale value.
                          sigpic A Truly Beakerific Long Pot Sir!

Comment

thanks for the advice mate, but i'm not into reselling it after the modification.

Comment

Originally Posted by aledubpe View Post
                              thanks for the advice mate, but i'm not into reselling it after the modification.
                              from what I have seen on this forum "never say never"
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                              X