Looking For Cracked Cues To Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking For Cracked Cues To Repair

May sound like a really stupid thread, however I've recently come across a method of repairing cracks in cues, especially in the butt and especially with ebony. I've only done one cue so far (my own, which developed a crack in the ebony - and it's only 4 months old!) and I would like to try a few more with before/after pictures before I try this method on someone else's personal cue.

Would anyone out there have a cue(s) they no longer use because it developed cracks in the butt or up above the joint if 3/4-butt that they would like to sell to me for a deeply discounted price? I will of course pay for the postage and a reasonable price considering the cue is damaged and probably no longer usable.

My intention is first to confirm this method of repairing cracks and then perhaps offer these repaired cracked cues at a deep discount and also to offer this service to players who would like to have any cracks in their cue(s) repaired. I now have a before/after photo of my own cue and the results are very impressive and the cue has been returned to ALMOST 'as new' condition.

It would be really nice to get some previously good cues that have developed cracks at a reasonable price so I can do a really good trial and prove this method as it's not very expensive nor even very time consuming and it does close the cracks effectively until they are barely visible. I can even refinish the butt somewhat so they become invisible except perhaps if you use a magnifying glass. Problem is if a player hada really good cue that developed a crack he would probably send it away for repairs or back to the cuemaker for correction, so I might not have much success here.

Perhaps some of the cuemakers on here might have rejects due to cracks? Check your reject pile as this might be a way for you to realize a small sum for even your rejects.

Terry
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

much cheaper to break the club cue and repair it, than the p&p of the cues you may get here, lol

Comment

Lol, just tell a chav that the Riley cue he supposedly spent £400 on is worth a fiver and it'll soon be cracked, probably on you but then you can make your move and tell him you'll give 6 quid and a lighter for it. Job done lol...
      "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
      X