So who is behind this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is behind this?

The name resonates through the game but I'm finding it difficult to find out who they are, what they stand for and what they make now. Has someone had a cue made by them recently?
    Who is behind the great name http://www.burroughesandwatts.com?

The Burroughes & Watts trading name is now owned by Malcolm Jones who re-registered the business in 1995. There was another company which subsequently traded under the same name for a few years making cues, but after a legal challenge it ceased to operate in 2003. Malcolm now has a track record of nearly twenty years in business which speaks for itself.

Comment

I see, so this malcom caricature, twenty years of doing what exactly, in snooker? Does he make anything?

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
      The Burroughes & Watts trading name is now owned by Malcolm Jones who re-registered the business in 1995. There was another company which subsequently traded under the same name for a few years making cues, but after a legal challenge it ceased to operate in 2003. Malcolm now has a track record of nearly twenty years in business which speaks for itself.

Comment

Originally Posted by 100-uper View Post
        Malcolm now has a track record of nearly twenty years in business which speaks for itself.
        What has he been doing the last twenty years.. I know for the last three years I'm still waiting for my one piece ebony & ash..

Has anyone dealt with malcolm jones @ Burroughes & Watts?
        Anyone waiting on a cue or had a cue made from mr jones?
        Last edited by j6uk; 23 February 2013, 08:36 AM.

Comment

I thought they'd gone out of business to be fair. I live in Birmingham and you don't see anyone using their cues, they nearly always use B&W billiards if they want to stay local.

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
            I thought they'd gone out of business to be fair
            http://www.burroughesandwatts.com..
            Its functioning but I don't know As what?

Comment

Have you tried telephoning them, is that number still working? If you have ordered a cue and heard nothing for 3 years then its time to pay them a visit! Have you paid for this cue or was it just an order? You can't order via the website so I assume you have had contact with them at some point to place an order?

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                Have you tried telephoning them, is that number still working? If you have ordered a cue and heard nothing for 3 years then its time to pay them a visit! Have you paid for this cue or was it just an order? You can't order via the website so I assume you have had contact with them at some point to place an order?
                Yes the order was on the phone at the time and I got half of my 100 deposit back one half years after my order but I got a bloody noise for the other half. I was given the impression after by BWcues that they/he/Jones were in no position to make cues.

Comment

Working...
                X