X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cue supplier/maker in East Anglia

Hi,

Im looking to get myself my first decent cue,

Iv got to the stage in my Pool playing that i feel i could maintain and look after a nice cue.

But i dont just want to order one online i would like to have a sepcalist talk me through the differnce and find the right cue that suits me best, Price range i havent got one at the moment maybe upto £250. Would welcome peoples suggestions on how much to spend on a cue.

But i would like to know where is the go to place for cues in east of england. I live in Cambridge but would travel to the right place.

Thanks in advance

English 8ball cue you after luke?

Comment

Yes sorry i should have mentioned this

Comment

Top of my head would be craftmans up north

Comment

Try an 8ball forum, I sure there are places around

Comment

Drinkwaters in peterborough are good not sure if they make cues but defiantly do repairs etc. and always have a lovely selection of cues in.

Comment

Coutts , Robin and Stamford are all cue makers within 50 miles of where you live . Dave Coutts I know stocks different makes of cue as well as making his own.Budget is your restricting factor, unfortunately , but I am sure one of these mentioned above will help.They are all around the Stamford area , which is Lincolnshire , so not far from Cambridge.A good second user cue might be an option as well.

Comment

Hi what's your spec. I have a new craftsman pro ash cue which played with less than 10 frames. I selling it because I already found the right cue for me and need to sell some of my collection.

Comment

Is £250 not a very high buget for a pool cue, And i havent really found a good pool forum unfortunatly. As for spec i really dont know this is why i would like to take te time a visit somebody that can teach/show me the differences and work out what best suits my needs. Iv been looking at Stampford cuemakers going to email them today

Comment

Your budget is fine , the reality is that you could spend £50 on a good second hand cue or £300+ on an " all singing , all dancing " multi ,hand spliced , custom cue from one of the top makers , but until you know absolutely 100% what specs and what shaft material you prefer , you are completely wasting your money.I was not being critical of your budget and I totally applaud your decision to visit a cue maker to discuss your options , but I would visit more than one , to get a rounded view before purchase.If you can find a maker near you with a table so you can hit a few balls great , if not the " Craftsmans at Kippax " suggestion in post#4 above is valid.They have a pool and snooker table in house and often somewhere in the range of 200-300 cues on display and yes, before you ask , you can " try before you buy ".Dave at Craftsman can custom build you a cue as well , if you cant find one to suit starting at about £170 ish , problem is that Craftsman is about 140 miles from you , so its up to you if you think the journey is worth it.

Comment

I do agree i need to find what spec i should buy this is why i wanted to go to a cue maker and have them educate me so that i make a good choice. I think i will do some more research into the cue specs and learn a bit more before takin the plunge.

I know i dont want a multi spliced i would like a plain black butt

with Ash or Maple is the difference the grain i.e somepeople dont like grain and some people use the grain.

I tried to use the grain last night at practice but didnt see an advantage.

Comment

Originally Posted by luke123 View Post
                        Is £250 not a very high buget for a pool cue, And i havent really found a good pool forum unfortunatly. As for spec i really dont know this is why i would like to take te time a visit somebody that can teach/show me the differences and work out what best suits my needs. Iv been looking at Stampford cuemakers going to email them today
                        Stampford cuemakers will be £500+

Comment

I was in looking for a snooker cue with £300 cash in hand. Coutts, Mike, Parris, Robin and Stamford all above £350 and I think none of them have more than 5 cues in stock. Craftsman is you best choice you can pick up as many as you can and their cues are great value of money.

Comment

I do agree i need to find what spec i should buy this is why i wanted to go to a cue maker and have them educate me so that i make a good choice. I think i will do some more research into the cue specs and learn a bit more before takin the plunge.

I know i dont want a multi spliced i would like a plain black butt

with Ash or Maple is the difference the grain i.e somepeople dont like grain and some people use the grain.

I tried to use the grain last night at practice but didnt see an advantage.
                            About spec. Tip size Butt size Weight Length Joint or 1pc everything is about what you feel good for you. Check this you will find what you want to know from Mike as he is one of the top cue makers. http://www.handmadecues.com/home/20-advice.htm

Comment

Im currently using a 10mm tip but found i needed more ball control, After speaking with one of the top guys at the club he suggested we round/dome my tip more before going smaller, Which i have found has help with ball control but my accuracy as gone down on lon shots maybe 10% which i think is just somthing i need to practise cueing action. slowlly getting better with the more rounded tip,

I do use a 1 peice at the moment but without trying all the different cues i really dont know what suits me more.

Im starting to think instead of having a cue made im best od finding a stockest that have a wide range and a table to try them on before i buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X