Inovation & Cue making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inovation & Cue making

Are there cue makers around specializing or experimenting with the craft by looking back, in terms of joints like wood joints, ferrules or no ferrules, tapers ect?

Yes months ago, I started experimenting with different materials for joints and ferrules. Still work in progress but there are some alternatives that do produce a different hit. There is also different ways you can make a joint meet, either full brass to brass contact or part brass part wood, again, this will give a different hit. It's really trial and error but its finding the time to do this that is hard. I started trying laminated tips for snooker about 10 years ago. Everyone just used elk and blue diamond and I thought to myself, there must be some alternatives. It has totally transformed the way players think about what's on the tip now. So innovation is a good thing and we should always look at ways to find different methods for current ways. That being said, the current method and material might still be the best
    "Don't think, feel"

Comment

Wood joints. It will be fun. But will it be solid enough?

Comment

Bit before my time the old wood joints but I have made an all wood butt extension, never miss a ball with it!

Comment

Yes Doc as you say having time to play around with ideas is the hard part. I think out of all the cue makers MW seems to be the only one experimenting at the moment.

Comment

Stamford also use a different ferrule type and Coutts' laminated shafts are quite innovative.
            "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
            X