Is this my Buffalo Blue Diamond tip ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this my Buffalo Blue Diamond tip ?

I bought some Buffalo blue diamond tips from ADR147 and took my cue down the local snooker hall today to get it fitted. I picked the cue up and the tip looks nothing like my blue diamond i asked him and he said it is 100% my tip

Opinions ?20130302_202525.jpg

It's pretty hard to tell once its been trimmed and chalked......

Buts its definitely a pressed tip, so I can't see there being any reason why they wouldn't put the tip you asked them too.
    Last edited by coomsey76; 2 March 2013, 08:57 PM.
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

I was expecting it to be deep blue like when i got the tips but im guessing if they trimmed it / shaped it the blue would of come off ?

pretty similar to this tip at 9.00min http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3pedKTJtFQ

Comment

Originally Posted by c4rm0 View Post
        I was expecting it to be deep blue like when i got the tips but im guessing if they trimmed it / shaped it the blue would of come off ?

pretty similar to this tip at 9.00min http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3pedKTJtFQ
        looks ok but it's hard to be sure.
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Yes the blue will come off once it's trimmer and shaped......

If you look at the sides of your tip it looks exactly the same as the one Nic is trimming in the video, and your tip looks like it has been chalked so you won't see any blue tinge if there was any left after shaping.... At the end of the day it's only a piece of pressed leather.

How does it play does it play like soft tip??
          Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
          Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

It's only the chalk on those that gets it looking dark blue, that's the standard colour of most pressed tips as it sits on the cue now, they'd have nothing to gain stealing a cheap enough tip
            Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning...

Comment

Bleu diamond = Brunswick
              Diamond + = Buffalo.
              both are blue in color
              Every point counts double with my homemade snooker cue
              https://www.facebook.com/bungda.cue1/photos_albums

Comment

Originally Posted by Bungdacue View Post
                Bleu diamond = Brunswick
                Diamond + = Buffalo.
                both are blue in color
                Diamond plus made by Tweeten

Comment

Have to say the Buffalo diamond plus tips are excellent, I've been experimenting with different tips for a good while now and since trying diamond plus i don't want to use anything else now, definitely my favorite...

Comment

Originally Posted by the nugget View Post
                    Diamond plus made by Tweeten
                    not sure that is true?
                    They are not listed on their website
                    not that I know for sure how does make them actually - apart from "Buffalo"
                    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      not sure that is true?
                      They are not listed on their website
                      not that I know for sure how does make them actually - apart from "Buffalo"
                      They're definitely made by the Tweeten fibre company says on the box, also see it mentioned online that these are the same recipe as the blue diamonds of the 80's, though i only started playing in the late 90's so i can't confirm the similarities

Comment

Originally Posted by SouthPaw View Post
                        They're definitely made by the Tweeten fibre company says on the box, also see it mentioned online that these are the same recipe as the blue diamonds of the 80's, though i only started playing in the late 90's so i can't confirm the similarities
                        cheers for that
                        The original Blue Biamonds '80s were (are) made by Brunswick?
                        And I will say that they are not the same as the new Diamond Plus.
                        ADR once found a box of 9mm Blue Diamonds in the back of his cupboard which were unopened from the 80s and I got a few and have one on my pool cue, it is superb. Unfortunately I only have 2 left
                        cheers
                        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Working...
                        X