No announcement yet.

cue balance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to be fair he encountered a salesman in a shop who pitched at him and made a sale, what's done is done now and hopefully all will work out but like other sports some people spend tons on all the gear before they can play and then become disillusioned as it doesn't do what it does on telly and they give up

any newcomer would be better off spending 50 on the cue and 250 on coaching and table time and asking the coach about such things but each to their own, money is irrelevant to some people

Comment

No worries I understand

Originally Posted by alanvdh View Post
      It's a replacement so I can specify and I have time. I do have a cue I use till then. I might be mental, but not in this case. I'm basically doing my homework.

Comment

Let me clarify. I bought a cue not knowing what would suit me. The cue was way to long and what I thought, light. I sent it back to the seller who replaced it with another cue that had to be altered. This went wrong somehow and he refused to send it to me as it was not 100 percent. He suggested to have one made. In the mean time he agreed to let me use the altered one and it feels great. Just a slight fault in the finish. I have to give him the final specs. Hence my query. I must be this guys nightmare.

Comment

Mine was the Riley all ash two piece in a soft case 20 quid, ah happy days..

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
          any newcomer would be better off spending 50 on the cue and 250 on coaching and table time and asking the coach about such things but each to their own, money is irrelevant to some people

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
            Mine was the Riley all ash two piece in a soft case 20 quid, ah happy days..
            snap........
            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Who are you getting your cue through?

Comment

.....1984?

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                snap........

Comment

In my mind I can still squeeze open that soft case..do love a soft case lol

Comment

BTW, I still don't have an answer to my question

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
                      .....1984?
                      probably a few years earlier
                      it did not survive being driving over by an artic
                      the last soft case I had

Comment

My women is the only one with the soft case in this house now and I don't get to use it that often at the moment cus I'm on here too much

Comment

snap ...

Comment

Originally Posted by alanvdh View Post
                            BTW, I still don't have an answer to my question

I could do the math for you by saying for a 55" I'd go for 15.5bp/17oz/9.75

Comment

Can you guys talk some sense? I've been called mental but I don't seem to be the only one

Comment

Bandying Balance points about just don't mean owt really with different density/weight of woods etc..

Best just leave it to the cue maker really IMO, maybe specify that you prefer it a little forward or a little back IF you know what you prefer but generally you should just leave it to the cue maker to balance the cue...

Just my thoughts on it...

Comment

Working...
                                X