Ultra Shine treatment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Shine treatment?

Just noticed Mike mentioning this on Facebook, a new finishing technique?

yes, i've not spoken about it yet but i've been doing this for the last few cues that went out.

butts in particular come up fantastic with a very deep shine, and really enhance any features/grain of whatever's on the butt.

far and away the best finish i have ever achieved, or seen.
    The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

Have you developed a new cue oil or just used a new technique to achieve that finish?

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
        yes, i've not spoken about it yet but i've been doing this for the last few cues that went out.

butts in particular come up fantastic with a very deep shine, and really enhance any features/grain of whatever's on the butt.

far and away the best finish i have ever achieved, or seen.
        Was that done to mine ? It did seem a very deep shiney finish, as you say esp the wenge ( just thought that was the norm ) ?

If not, feel free to ridicule .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

i use a liquid friction polish which sounds similar

Comment

Originally Posted by Ockmonix View Post
            Have you developed a new cue oil or just used a new technique to achieve that finish?
            new technique

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
            Was that done to mine ? It did seem a very deep shiney finish, as you say esp the wenge ( just thought that was the norm ) ?

If not, feel free to ridicule .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
            not the norm, yes it was

Originally Posted by jim evans View Post
            i use a liquid friction polish which sounds similar
            never used friction polish. all finishing is done by hand, not on a lathe. should imagine an excellent finish can be achieved with friction polish though.
            The Cuefather.

info@handmadecues.com

Comment

A mix with marine varnish? i read up on a wood finishing site a while back and some use an oil mix with a little marine varnish added for an ultra shiny finish...

Comment

Pics on Facebook of the JP cue look very nice.

Comment

Originally Posted by MikeWooldridge View Post
                  new technique

not the norm, yes it was

never used friction polish. all finishing is done by hand, not on a lathe. should imagine an excellent finish can be achieved with friction polish though.
                  you can do it by hand as well mike

Comment

Sounds very interesting...
                    "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Originally Posted by cally View Post
                      A mix with marine varnish? i read up on a wood finishing site a while back and some use an oil mix with a little marine varnish added for an ultra shiny finish...
                      lmao - or spray it with thompsons water seal! mike prefers to oil his shaft and use his hands to rub it.
                      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

What does The Cuefather use on his balls ?
                        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                          lmao - or spray it with thompsons water seal! mike prefers to oil his shaft and use his hands to rub it.
                          LOL.. gives a great finish from waht i've seen....

Comment

Can anyone shed some more info on this, dont have facebook at the minute so cant see it, sent my cue to mike recently for the F1 base joint and when i got my cue back i even commented on how well it was finished! Is it something i can do myself at home to maintain the shine?
                            Rocket Ronnie Rules!!!

Comment

butts.jpgsplice.jpg

Got my cue back yesterday with ultrashine finish on it, very impressed almost like a wet look to it and seems to darken the ebony a touch. Included a few pics with the compared to my Hunt-O'Byrne cue that was just refinished by Parris cues. Ultrashine definitely comes out ahead and its most obvious when comparing the butts. Also has a different feel to it as well, I'm guessing some sort of wax was used to achieve it.

Might send the H&O over to get this done to the butt.

Comment

Working...
                              X