X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cues from hong kong

Been browsing ebay and notice a lot of cues from hk. Like these

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...id=32365937636

Anybody any experience with them? Is the shipping ok? Any customs fee to pay?

Cheers

You will find that lots of them are painted butts instead of wood spliced,so basically a cheap cue is what you will get

Comment

If you are looking for a cheap cue that doesn't have a painted butt then woods cues are good for the money. They are usually on eBay for about the same money as the 1 above. I seen that blackswancues has a few in stock that he has refinished
      77 in a match, 97 in a line up

Comment

First cue I bought thru ebay was a Jian Ying. Shaft was laquered, butt appeared to be oiled and looked crap. Splices were dreadful and it was a brown ebony underneath all the bull****.
        Go for a 3 star woods or a Dunns if your looking for a good value cue for your money.
        "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Based on those responzes, ill give the HK cues a wide berth.

Thanks

Comment

not so fast, they're not all bad and i've bought a couple for the neice and nephew recently and another for someone down the club and for 40-ish quid you can't beat the value when you factor in the case and extension

they're shipped from the uk, no taxes and arrived quick, the ones i got were hand spliced rosewood butts not painted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/javelinxas...mplete=1&rt=nc

compared to what was on offer 20 years ago from bce and riley they're a class apart for the money in my opinion

Comment

the robin smith cues are not bad for deal you get

Comment

Originally Posted by sberry View Post
                not so fast, they're not all bad and i've bought a couple for the neice and nephew recently and another for someone down the club and for 40-ish quid you can't beat the value when you factor in the case and extension

they're shipped from the uk, no taxes and arrived quick, the ones i got were hand spliced rosewood butts not painted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/csc/javelinxas...mplete=1&rt=nc

compared to what was on offer 20 years ago from bce and riley they're a class apart for the money in my opinion
                Agree with this if your looking for a rosewood butt. Lois of LP cues fame has some rosewood & Ash cues with ebony splices on offer at £69 with case and extensions. If your not bothered about having an ebony butt his cues are highly rated and I believe are finished very well.
                "When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." - Henry Ford

Comment

Jian Ying is from China mainland.

Comment

I bought a few jian ying cues to try different specs, don't expect to get the cue in the picture, but value wise with all the kit you can't go wrong for a beginner, and was delivered within 3 days! The finish is a type of lacuer which is finished matt rather than shiny.
                    No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

Working...
                    X