King Cue or Master Cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King Cue or Master Cue?

I'm looking for a new cue, and I'm thinking about King Cue and Master Cue cues. Does anyone have experience with these two brands? Which do you think is better?
    Box the chimp.

Hi I own both a Mastercue (Probutt 4)and a King cue (Royale). The Mastercue is more stiff than the King cue. The Mastercue has unfortunately cracked 2 places at the 3/4 joint and one place in the bottom. The King cue has not cracked. The finishes are quite similar on them which means that they have ( I believe ) a wax finish on the butt and oil finish on the shaft. I like the King cue better because of the problems with the joints on the Mastercue + I like that its a little less stiff - but thats of course personal preference. So my vote goes to the King cue.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Originally Posted by mibrandt View Post
      Hi I own both a Mastercue (Probutt 4)and a King cue (Royale). The Mastercue is more stiff than the King cue. The Mastercue has unfortunately cracked 2 places at the 3/4 joint and one place in the bottom. The King cue has not cracked. The finishes are quite similar on them which means that they have ( I believe ) a wax finish on the butt and oil finish on the shaft. I like the King cue better because of the problems with the joints on the Mastercue + I like that its a little less stiff - but thats of course personal preference. So my vote goes to the King cue.

I hope this helps.
      Yes, thank you. How much did you pay for the King cue, if I may ask?
      Box the chimp.

Comment

Anybody else on here have something to say about the King Cues brand?

I need help. I want a good cue and I'm on a low budget...

Any advice would be appreciated. I live in Belgium and I don't have much choice as there aren't many stores here. I can choose between King Cues, Master Cue, John Parris and Acuerate. But John Parris and Acuerate are a bit expensive. So far I think King Cues is the way to go..
        Box the chimp.

Comment

Hi there, I live in Belgium Ghent and I bought my cue from Green Baize. Unparralalled service. Google Green Baize and give Stu a call. Shipping a cue from the UK was 26 Pound.
          Cheers

Comment

A second hand cue from the forums members here would also be the way to go. You won't go wrong with that. A good GBL second hand would be right up your alley.

Comment

Originally Posted by alanvdh View Post
              Hi there, I live in Belgium Ghent and I bought my cue from Green Baize. Unparralalled service. Google Green Baize and give Stu a call. Shipping a cue from the UK was 26 Pound.
              Cheers
              Thanks for the tip! I will check it out!
              Box the chimp.

Comment

Originally Posted by sanman View Post
                A second hand cue from the forums members here would also be the way to go. You won't go wrong with that. A good GBL second hand would be right up your alley.
                Thanks for the tip. Yes, maybe that's the way to go. But I need to find one with the specs I want.
                Box the chimp.

Comment

Post your specs and prices range. Someone always has something to sell that will match. You would probably be spoilt for choice.

Comment

Check out Lp cues and the model duke.

I really like mine and i only have the kingkong model.
                    everyone that has lp's king or duke say they are really really good.

I really dont know your price range but anyhoos here is a link to the Duke:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/vie...d=160930749293

King kong model is cheaper and really good too
                    -Niko

Comment

I bought my king cue from stu green at greenbaize. I cannot recommend him enough! Very Nice and fast service. I bought it in the end of last year and i believe he had a couple more king cues left so try calling or mailing him.

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I've decided I'll probably buy a GBL cue from the GBL site. I'm hearing a lot of good things about these cues and they look great...
                        Box the chimp.

Comment

+1 for GBL. I'm really happy with the Mastercue Classic I bought from Stu.

Comment

Originally Posted by Holden Chinaski View Post
                            Thanks for all the help. I've decided I'll probably buy a GBL cue from the GBL site. I'm hearing a lot of good things about these cues and they look great...
                            I am playing with one of gbl special edition cues and I have to say its a very very good cue

Comment

Working...
                            X